Framing Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by biggstr6, Aug 23, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I notice alot of people put frames around there photos when they post & they make them look 100% better. I would like to do it , is there a way to do it using capture? Or do you need to use photoshop?

2. I use an action in Photoshop that I downloaded from atncentral.com. They have a large variety to choose from and also includes some mattes. Don't know if it's possible in Capture.

3. I don't think this could be done in capture but it can be done in almost any photo editing program (like Photo Shop).
    Action central is a good place to find actions that will do it and you can also find tutorials that will teach you how to make your own.
    Good luck

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks for the replys guys .I'll have to check it out

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bigg,

You can also create frame and matting macros in Paint Shop Pro if you don't have Photoshop. Let me know if I can help (assuming that you have PSP, not PS CS :wink: ).

6. papa85

papa85 Guest

Framing

Here is a site where you can download wonderful actions to work with PS 6,7 CS. It will cost you the price of two Whopper hamburger meals. It is a great program i use it all the time.

Fred Miranda's site.
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/shopping/Frames
    Hope this helps you out.

Tony

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Oh Man thanks , You guys are coming thru in spades !

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Go to this page and search for the word 'frame' or 'bud' on the page. You'll find Bud's Frames actions. Really nice framing actions by Bud Guinn (who is a member here, but he doesn't post often.)

There is also a BUNCH of other stuff there, free for the download.

9. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    They do look better don't they. I'm a bit of a minimalist though, and rarely use frames unless the client requests it.

10. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks again . I spoke wrong actually , its matte that I want , I appreciate the help.

One question , since I work with my mac on the raw files , but post off my PC , Do you save the photo and matte as one file (together)? Just wondering if I downloaded it on my mac,can I save the matted photo on disk and upload the finished product to my PC? Does that make sense?

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bigg,

If I understand your question, the answer is yes. Basically most framing and matting actions just expand the current image, or add layers to it (which are then compressed into a single layer). The result is a single image file which can be uploaded to another system or to your hosting site.

12. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks frank . That was my question.

Getting ready to leave for the beach for a couple of days, when I get back I'll get right on it.

13. I use an action from fredmiranda.com it is very easy and has lots of options.

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I have been using an action that I wrote myself for a very basic matte look, but on the recommendations of a previous poster in this thread, I checked out the FM framing action. I only had a few minutes to fiddle with it last night, but for $12, it looks like a pretty good deal.