Frank(FLEW) Here are the swans from Cedar Run Refuge

Discussion in 'Birds' started by sfoxjohn, Jul 11, 2005.

1. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They look calm here, but they were very aggressive. Chased the geese at every opportunity.

John

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful shots of a beautiful bird, John!

3. Very nice was just here last week shooting the hawks and owls, do you know if they take the birds out of the pens for demonstrations?

4. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Thank Don & Mike.

Mike,

I wasn't paying close enough attention at the time, but I believe I heard mention at the last SJCC of a trip to the refuge. As far as I know, there is no trip scheduled, so maybe they were just referring to a past trip. I only joined in March.

Anyway, the people who would surely know are the staff at Cedar Run.

John

5. Excellent images John. #2 and #3 are my favorites, perhaps because of the reflecting water.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Swans are just so beautiful and you have captured that so well.

Yes they can be quite aggressive. Two Black swans at our zoo are. One charged at me one day...lol

7. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Thanks for the kind words Gordon and Gale.

Gordon, I agree with you. In fact I think the first one is not really sharp, especially the head. That is probably the reason for your reaction.

Gale, what I found ironic was that their aggression was directed at the Canada geese who are usually the aggressive ones. I wish I could have caught them in the act, but it all happened too fast and I was trying at the same time to keep my grandson from approaching them. He thought it was really funny.

John

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    John,

I just saw your post. Very nice images. I especially like #2, where you can see the varied hues in the feathers. I can't wait to get out and shoot again. I'm really looking forward to the Cafe get-together next weekend here in Huntsville. :wink: