Frank I Caracara!

Discussion in 'Merritt Island I' started by mike mac, Feb 23, 2005.

1. These are so far below the level of Franks shots but figured I would post anyway
    A pair in the tree
    original.
    My attempt at a flight shot
    original.

2. Yeah, it's hard to live up to the legend, let alone stand in his shadow. :lol:

I was happy to see one, and you're posting a shot of two! I knew i'd miss the action going to work monday.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,

Give me a *break*.... :lol: These are great shots.... :!: :!:

I'm still in awe of the time we had down there. If I could just get Harris or Harry to adopt me....hmmmmm :p

Frank

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Mike,

Give me a *break*.... :lol: These are great shots.... :!: :!:

I'm still in awe of the time we had down there. If I could just get Harris or Harry to adopt me....hmmmmm :p

Frank[/quote]

Hey Frank consider yourself adopted, Of course you hae to follow the rules of the house. The first rule is that "daddy" gets first call on a certain 300/2.8 lens. :lol: :lol:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mike, spectacular shot of the two together. WOW on that one.

Not an easy bird to photograph.

I have no Caracara.

That is the tree all the good birds seem to be found. They really like that one. Must be a good lok out for them.

Gale

7. Very nice, Mike! Can't believe you actually got two of them together.

The more I see pictures of the Caracara, the more I like the look of the bird. Kinda grows on you after a while, doesn't it?

8. Good shots of a bird that I didn't even know existed. And you caught them in pairs.

9. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Mike,

Again, fabulous shots! I love the poses in the first one. Well done.

Joel

10. To all the bird lovers....

I have not been real big on taking pictures of birds. Never really understood why photographers love to take pictures of birds. After looking at all the great bird shots on NikonCafe and some shots from the flew man, I can now understand why.

Slowly entering bird photography,
    PhotoDawg

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wow, Mike, that 1st one is outstanding!

I just may have to request another file copy to print up & frame for my wall! ;) :lol:

12. We were lucky there was one sitting in "the tree" and along comes a second one and sits right next to him, talk about luck

13. Frank
    Thanks of we could get Harris somehow to be able to claim us on his income tax he might go for it!

14. David
    I coudlnt beleive when the second one came into the tree me and Harry were so suprised. I agree about this bird depending on the angle they look different. thanks for looking

15. Joe

Joe Thanks for looking make sure you get to the next shoot the guys are fantastic as the sights

16. Re: To all the bird lovers....

Be careful, it opens a whole new dorr and wallet for that matter, seriously it si very fun to stalk and capture these birds.

17. Re: Wow, Mike, that 1st one is outstanding!

thanks anytime you need something let me know.