Frank's 2015: Anything Goes - Rest In Peace, Frank

I have kilos of fine glass, but only use a few lenses on a regular basis. I'll dedicate this thread to pictures from the other ones. For starters, here's a pair of shots from my Panasonic 20/1.7, the first prime I bought for my u4/3 system. It's been gathering dust since I bought the faster focusing Olympus 25/1.8, but it has lovely character and is ideal for static subjects and food photography... lemons in particular.

Tasty Lemon
P1020502%20mr-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sour Lemon
P1020496%20mr-XL.jpg

Note: I took the selfie using my iPhone to control exposure and focus on my ep5 through the wifi function. Very high tek.​

Last edited:
Good start Frank. Yes, the Oly app is so very cool to use with the EP5, especially since they upgraded it. I especially like the Lemon in #1, that bright color adds real interest to the image.

Nice shots Frank. Good kickoff for 2015. I really like the sweet/sour humor. :cool:

Good start Frank. Yes, the Oly app is so very cool to use with the EP5, especially since they upgraded it. I especially like the Lemon in #1, that bright color adds real interest to the image.

Thanks, Jeff. The Oly app started off pretty weak, but the firmware upgrade added complete functionality. Very cool.

The highest. Tek that is.

Good start. I see the theme: refreshing drinks and old farts. An excellent choice!

Actually, it's sour drinks and sour pusses.

Nice shots Frank. Good kickoff for 2015. I really like the sweet/sour humor. :cool:

Thanks, Art. Joining us this time?

That's a great selfie, Uncle Frank! Focus is spot on and sharp as a tack!

Easy to do with the Oly app, Jay. Nikon will catch up one of these days.

I have kilos of fine glass, but only use a few lenses on a regular basis. I'll dedicate this thread to pictures from the other ones. For starters, here's a pair of shots from my Panasonic 20/1.7, the first prime I bought for my u4/3 system. It's been gathering dust since I bought the faster focusing Olympus 25/1.8, but it has lovely character and is ideal for static subjects and food photography... lemons in particular.

Tasty Lemon
P1020502%20mr-XL.jpg

Sour Lemon
P1020496%20mr-XL.jpg

Note: I took the selfie using my iPhone to control exposure and focus on my ep5 through the wifi function. Very high tek.​
Really impressive!!! Guess I should get the ap for my iPhone!! I love your OLY photos...still working on my em1.

Real Name
Morten

Tasty Lemon
P1020502%20mr-XL.jpg

Sour Lemon
P1020496%20mr-XL.jpg

Glad you decided to do another year - it wouldn't be the same without you.
Great start here with the 20/1.7 - it is a great little gem. I do not have many chances to use it as it is almost permanently mounted on Lisas G6

Lemons :);)(y)

Really impressive!!! Guess I should get the ap for my iPhone!! I love your OLY photos...still working on my em1.

No better place to practice than here, Birgit. Come join us.

Glad you decided to do another year - it wouldn't be the same without you.
Great start here with the 20/1.7 - it is a great little gem. I do not have many chances to use it as it is almost permanently mounted on Lisas G6

Lemons :);)(y)

And she does a terrific job with it. Are you going to let her make her own posts/responses this year?

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hi Frank,
a wonderful start for 2015.

The lemon reminds me of my last US trip in 2003...
We bought fresh pressed lemon-ade somewhere on the road in Kentucky. The best lemonade of my life.

Regards
Klaus

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Who, exactly, is this handsome man? Is he single and available?? :D

Excellent images, UF. That lemon shot is awesome, and the self portrait is extremely well done!

My dusty lens for this week is a vintage 105/2.5 ais Nikkor. It's the same lens that Steve McCurry used to capture the blazing eyes of the Afghan Girl, a picture that burned itself into the collective memory of a generation and is often referred to as the Modern Mona Lisa.

I never mastered the technique of accurately focusing the 105 on my d700, but thanks to an inexpensive adapter and the wonderful vf-4 evf, I'm able to use it productively on my Olympus ep5 camera body. I took these snaps of the front desk personnel at the gym using this classic lens at f/2.5.

P1030520%20mr-XL.jpg

P1030522%20mr-XL.jpg

P1030519%20mr-XL.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Wow. Just wow. You really made that lens sing, UF and the images are so clear and sharp. I keep finding myself staring at the first photo - man that's sharp!

If you don't mind my asking, what type of adapter did you use?

Latest threads

Top Bottom