Fraudulent D800 sale

I had already opened a ticket with paypal requesting my money back. Even if the seller doesn't agree but I ship the camera back, paypal will refund me.

Good luck Nathan - I hope you get your money back.

There's no way a camera with that shutter count is new - and if I were you I'd send this nonsense to Nikon:

We have had this issue twice before over the last few months from Nikon. Both times we have contacted Nikon about pictures being taken on the camera and they have claimed that this is a normal occurance and that it happens because their cameras are tested before being shipped to dealers. This camera was never used, aside from possibly being opened to show in our store. As for the battery charger I can have a replacement sent out tomorrow along with an extra memory card for you for the inconvenience. Unforunately that happens routinely with all of our camera vendors and we do not always catch the error before the camera is shipped.
Support
CCR Camera

Real Name
David
Good luck Nathan - I hope you get your money back.

There's no way a camera with that shutter count is new - and if I were you I'd send this nonsense to Nikon:

We have had this issue twice before over the last few months from Nikon. Both times we have contacted Nikon about pictures being taken on the camera and they have claimed that this is a normal occurance and that it happens because their cameras are tested before being shipped to dealers. This camera was never used, aside from possibly being opened to show in our store. As for the battery charger I can have a replacement sent out tomorrow along with an extra memory card for you for the inconvenience. Unforunately that happens routinely with all of our camera vendors and we do not always catch the error before the camera is shipped.
Support
CCR Camera

Most definitely send this to Nikon. In fact if you want, I can feed this through their professional services area if you want.

Real Name
David
Just spoke with a few people in customer service (my normal NPS contact is on vacation). They said sadly there is not much they can do and recommend calling first to confirm if a dealer is truly an authorized dealer.

But no, Nikon would not call that a new camera.

you need to fire off a JPEG and do a shutter count from a fresh shot, not the number on the card, the card could have been used a shop floater, if confirmed shutter count is over 6000 you have a complaint.
I have already looked through the exif data and found that it was about 6800 which meant it had been reset once it reached a shutter count of around 300. It was definitely used.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom