Freaky-eyed Laura

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Since everyone seems to be in a (Café's very own) Laura groove I want to join the party with this shot from last week. We were using the fog machine and it passed heavily in front of the softbox creating this massive catchlight.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great lighting. Soft--almost magical in appearance. The eyes do happen to look a little freaky--definitely not something that you see regularly. Perhaps this is what gives her/the image a "magical" appearance to them (that and the eye makeup, "poofy" hair).

Good work.

Sean

Excellant Woody. The individual elements of the capture are great and the eyes scare me!!! She has a supernatural look about her.

N

Nuteshack

cool shot, Woody... some yellow contact lenses would really be spooky:eek:

Very interesting, and so artistic - I'm really enjoying the "Laura Grove". Hopefully I'll find a partner in crime in my area - I dying to veer off course as you do so wonderfully.

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
The lighting in this photograph is astounding............. on my poor old 17" crappy Dell uncalibrated heap of junk............... this looks 3D......... so you must have some special magic going on here Woody! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

As much as I'm trying to learn PP in relation portrait images......... looking at your post processing in your last few posts......... well, it's a humbling experience!

As they always say........ practice makes perfect! I hope......... :redface:

G

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom