Freaky-eyed Laura

Discussion in 'People' started by Czechman01, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Since everyone seems to be in a (Café's very own) Laura groove I want to join the party with this shot from last week. We were using the fog machine and it passed heavily in front of the softbox creating this massive catchlight.

original.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Looks like cataracts. Nice shot though.

3. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    Cool shot woody.

4. SMH77

SMH77

Feb 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Great lighting. Soft--almost magical in appearance. The eyes do happen to look a little freaky--definitely not something that you see regularly. Perhaps this is what gives her/the image a "magical" appearance to them (that and the eye makeup, "poofy" hair).

Good work.

Sean

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Excellant Woody. The individual elements of the capture are great and the eyes scare me!!! She has a supernatural look about her.

6. i quite like my "cataracts" - haha!

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Cool Shot ,
    I love everything about the shot ... except the catchlights .

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

cool shot, Woody... some yellow contact lenses would really be spooky:eek:

9. Great shot!
    The warmth of the color combined with the intensity of the lighting makes me think of yen-yang. Very cool!
    Ted B

10. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very interesting, and so artistic - I'm really enjoying the "Laura Grove". Hopefully I'll find a partner in crime in my area - I dying to veer off course as you do so wonderfully.

11. Ahhh yes, the beautiful Laura in a world of her own. Very nice.

12. The lighting in this photograph is astounding............. on my poor old 17" crappy Dell uncalibrated heap of junk............... this looks 3D......... so you must have some special magic going on here Woody! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

As much as I'm trying to learn PP in relation portrait images......... looking at your post processing in your last few posts......... well, it's a humbling experience!

As they always say........ practice makes perfect! I hope......... :redface:

G

13. Looks more like some corneal disease in need of a corneal transplant!! I find those eyes disturbing despite her beauty!!

14. Thanks to everyone who responded. It is a strange thing to look at... I agree. But when you experiment you never know what you might wind up with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.