Frederick-winter 2003-2004

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by rbsinto, Apr 6, 2007.

1. This is Frederick, a street person who used to spend his days a few hundred yards from our City Hall here in downtown Toronto. He was the first homeless person I met when I began photographing them about seven or eight years ago, and he was kind enough to introduce me to a number of others, as well as give me a lot of very good advice about street ettiquette. This photo was taken in the winter when he was quite ill, and yes, those were his pet rats.
    As an aside Frederick's picture appeared in an ad in an issue of American Photo a couple of years ago. The ad had a number of photos taken in the US and Canada by a professional photographer using a cell phone camera. Frederick was also hooded in that image.
    motorized Nikon FA
    Zoom-Nikkor 35~70 3.5 AIS manual focus
    Fuji Sensia II
    exposure probably f3.5 @ whatever
    handheld
    [​IMG]

2. photomate

photomate Guest

rbsinto
    you have somethng with this kind of photographie. and i like it. Me too. this is a nice picture. frederick give you permission. can you tell me more about the street ettiquette?? and why are you interested in this kind of photograpie? and what do you want to tell us??

most of the time I don't ask, but when people notice me, I show them the picture when I have my DSLR with me. I made a lot of series in eastern europe when I had an assigment to make poorness pictures. I will post a serie here if you are interested.

3. Wim,
    I'd love to see some of your images of the poor in Eastern Europe.

4. photomate

photomate Guest

I'll do it, tell me more about the etiquette.