1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Free ACR tutorials by Adobe Evangelist Julieanne Kost

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by Mike Buckley, Jun 7, 2018.

1. During the last half of May, Julieanne Kost unlocked four video tutorials at Lynda.com, making it possible to review them without having to have a trial or paid subscription. Simply use the following link: Adobe Camera Raw Essential Training Then click the Contents tab located in the lower right corner of the window. As you scroll through the names of tutorials listed there, any of them that do not display a Lock icon are unlocked and available to review.

I don't know whether Julieanne plans for the tutorials to remain unlocked temporarily or permanently.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Thanks for the post - there are only a few free but Julieanne Kost's videos are always worth lookning at.

3. It must have been short-lived. The link takes me to Lynda's signup page.

4. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Did the same thing for me. No Contents tab for me.

5. I watched a couple yesterday. Nothing earth shattering.

6. The link worked just fine for me just now and the tutorials are still available for free. Try instead going to Julieanne Kost's Blog Then scroll down to the four announcements of the free tutorials and use the links embedded in those announcements.

7. They tutorials might have the potential to be earth-shattering for people who aren't familiar with the details being explained. Besides, when was the last time you got something for free that was earth-shattering?

8. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    That works. Thanks Mike, they look pretty good.

9. A couple of Steve Perry's videos come to mind. These not so much.

10. Keep in mind, Rick, that I never positioned the free tutorials as earth-shattering, instead only that perhaps they had that potential only for those who consider them to be so in the context of their own knowledge base. Instead, I positioned them as tutorials that until very recently required either a trial or paid subscription and that are now free. It's in that context that I frankly don't understand why you're so willing to emphasize that they aren't earth-shattering for you; frankly, it's not all about you.

Indeed, I'm sure others would join me in appreciating the opportunity to see the links provided by you to the Steve Perry tutorials that are both free and earth-shattering.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  11. My own opinion of these videos is that they are not earth shattering. I did not say that you positioned them as being so. This is MHO. Nothing more and nothing less. In fact, her proceedure for automatically setting white point and black point works for me about 5% of the time and is at best unreliable. Again, IMO. Suffice it to say I won't be signing up;) 

12. I edited my most recent post, Rick, probably after you posted your response. You might want to read it again and provide the links to the free Steve Perry tutorials that you believe to be earth-shattering. I can't imagine anyone using ACR including me not wanting to review them.

13. Seriously? Ok pick any of his videos regarding the D850 and the Nikon AF system. I find them to be very informative. Are we arguing semantics? Do you have a problem with the phrase "earth shattering" ? I didn't find the videos informative, sorry.

14. Someone might want to correct the spelling error in the thread title with regard to Julieanne's name.... Not talking about potatoes here, are we?!!! :D 

15. ^^Ah, 2 grumpy old men :LOL: :D :p 

16. I resemble that remark sir :ROFLMAO: 

17. Done. Thanks, Connie!

18. Rick,

It's not important at least to me that you didn't find Kost's information helpful; just the opposite, I'm thrilled if you were already aware of the information provided in her tutorials and had come to your own conclusion about their helpfulness or lack of it to you.

Your demeaning tone is duly noted.

This is my last post in this thread.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  19. Karen this was a good article by Steve. He made some very good points. I think you need that 600 and should get one right away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.