Free file recovery program?

I have an old hard drive mounted in an external case (connects via USB) that has been formatted and is blank. There are files that I discovered I want from it. I used a program called EaseUS Data Recovery and it finds all the files but when you click on recover they want $70.

Are there any free programs out there that will recover the data? Even EaseUS states it's free but only free to scan not recover.

The files aren't worth $70 but if I can get them back for free I would take the time to do so.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
A quick search on NikonCafe came up with several thread on this.

HERE is one....

In the search bar in the upper right simply type "file recovery" or "missing files" and see what comes back.

A quick search on NikonCafe came up with several thread on this.

HERE is one....

In the search bar in the upper right simply type "file recovery" or "missing files" and see what comes back.

Thanks Karen,

Your searching must be better than mine but I was also in a hurry so I may have missed it. I will give the link a look

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Note the use of quotes in the search criteria. That means search for that phrase, not the individual words.

Thanks Karen... Will have to do some searching as everything in the link you listed is for recovery from the camera media card. I have an actual PC hard drive I need to recover.

You will find very few truly free recovery programs. There are costs related to developing a recovery program, and also to providing support for those programs. If the program is free, how would the company be able to provide this support, etc.? That being said, companies such as SanDisk do provide recovery software with some of their hardware products...SD cards, etc. Note, that software is provided WITH the purchase of their hardware. So, if you want to purchase a SanDisk, PNY, etc., card, it would come with software.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom