Free hair and makeup...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, Mar 26, 2007.

1. On Sunday Nafeesah's hairstylist asked her to participate in a photoshoot for a hair magazine and all she had to do was show up. She got her hair washed and styled, and there was a makeup artist there to prepare them for the shoot as well.

Now my baby's not one to wear much, if any makeup on a regular basis other than some lipstick/gloss, so I had to snap a few shots when she got here... Here's my favorite...

[​IMG]

Keep in mind this was just a quick snap, taken in my hallway with bad lighting... Shot with the D2hs, the Beast (Nikon 28-70) and an SB-800. Comments always welcome.

2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Excellent pose and capture, Keith. Maybe a little lightening with Levels...but otherwise, very nice.

3. What a great quick capture, Keith! I'll second the recommendation for a levels adjustment to adjust the range...I'll bet it will brighten up considerably...

4. Thanks Joshua and John!! You know what's funny, I hit the color effects button on Smugmug and the photo was converted to black and white...here's the version that should have been posted...

[​IMG]

5. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Keith,

While this is an extraordinary shot under the circumstances you mentioned (the color is so nice and warm and very skin-complementary), from your previous posts, she is much more beautiful than shown here. I'm not an on-camera flash enthusiast. The flare it's created on her near eye brow is distracting. But the soft shadows make it look like you either bounced it or had a diffuser on the flash.

MIke

6. Thank you Mike. Believe it or not, the flare you speak of is actually gold eyeshadow which was brought out a bit by the flash. You're also correct about the flash - bounced w/diffuser... Good call.

Here's another one...

[​IMG]

7. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Oh! This angle is much nicer.

Women's cosmetics can be (and I think are often meant to be!) confusing! But natural beauty like Nafeesah's is hard to hide.

Again, the soft shadows are very complimentary. The light-colored-bust-cover-thingy is somewhat distracting from an otherwise beautiful capture.

My daughter went to college in Manhattan (FIT) and had several opportunities to get her hair done in exchange for photos for the beautician. It was a great deal for both.

Tnx! for showing this second shot. I like your work.

Mike

8. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I like the color version much better!

9. I appreciate the feedback Mike! I wish I would have had the octabox for my AB800 on Sunday...I would have loved to take some shots using that instead of the SB... The hairstyle didn't make it through the night, but there will be many other opportunities to photograph her. :biggrin:

10. Thanks alot Joshua. I hit that option by mistake - after I had posted the color version...

11. Excellent capture

Color is much better - thank God it was an upload error. I like the second picture the best where she is not looking directly into the camera. Keep èm coming

12. Thanks Dude!! Yeah, I made the mistake after uploading, but I've corrected it. I just uploaded it again... :biggrin: I like them both, and there were only two other pics...but I didn't like them too much - one was a shot of the back of her head.

13. quickies... but goodies Keith. If she makes the cut in the magazine you have to let us know what it is and what issue.

14. Very pretty portraits of your very pretty lady Keith - excellent!

15. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice work Keith. Great hair and makeup too. The AB/octabox is really going to bring out Nafeesah's million dollar smile. I agree with Mike on the cover up clothing.

16. Thanks Roy!! Something from the shoot is definitely going into a hair mag, not sure which one, but when it comes out, I'll probably have to buy a few hundred copies... LOL

I appreciate that Frits!! Thank you!

Thanks Fred!! I really like her hair, whether it's styled or just "out". The only problem with the styles is that they're twisted so tight that it hurts her head... I can't wait to start using the AB/octabox!!!