Free software: Capture One 6 Express

It is an older version of the software but it is free with the coupon code. I've never used it but I saw it posted on another photography forums. If anyone is in need of a free RAW processor this might keep the need to buy Lightroom5 at bay for a while. not sure if posting this here is against forum rules or anything but feel free to delete or move if posting here was a faux pas.

http://www.phaseone.com/dcm

Coupon Code: DCM2013

I have been test driving the Pro 7 version and it is quite powerful but I have not made my purchase decision yet. "Express for Free" No brainer, download it and see if it does what you need.
Pete

Thanks for the link, I think I will give it a try. Now if only it would download, looks like the server is down at this time. :smile:

EDIT: Finally got it downloaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Service Unavailable when I try to download it. I'll try again in the morning.

Just tried again ... says server is down. :(

OK, started download, but saw only Capture One 7 Express, not 6. Will the code work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just successfully downloaded both 32- and 64-bit versions. Via Verizon FIOS rated 50 Mb/sec, 132 MB d/l was <90 seconds. :smile:

Just tried again ... says server is down. :(

OK, started download, but saw only Capture One 7 Express, not 6. Will the code work?

The email they send after you register has a direct link to 6 Express.

OK, thanks. Got it downloaded and running. Watched the video and it says to go to Preferences to check for updates ... did that and saw and update to ver. 7.
Anyone try to see if this works or are the initial codes only for ver. 6?

OK, thanks. Got it downloaded and running. Watched the video and it says to go to Preferences to check for updates ... did that and saw and update to ver. 7.
Anyone try to see if this works or are the initial codes only for ver. 6?

I tried to update (through the application) to v7 and it said I had to pay for the upgrade.

Sean

I used to use C1 exclusively for my weddings. Then I took nearly 4 years off shooting weddings and I am now using Lightroom 4.

I liked C1 back then and I bet this version 6 express, even though older, is better than what I used to use. Thanks for the link. I will give it a whirl. I have a wedding tomorrow, I will try both LR and C1 and see what I get.

Was finally able to download it. Thanks for the tip.

thanks for that. Downloaded and its all good.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom