1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Free upgrade to Capture NX 2 if...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jemaerca, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ...you bought Capture NX 1 between May through the end of 2008.

From bythom.com:

Aug 3--NikonUSA has announced that those that purchased a copy of Capture NX from an authorized source in the period May 1 through December 31, 2008, are entitled to receive a free update to Capture NX2. You need to call 800-645-6689 with your license key and provide proof of purchase. (Just a note: yes, those dates are right. Apparently Nikon is anticipating what might happen if someone buys a copy of the previous version of Capture NX that is still in the retail channel.)

2. pward76

pward76

Apr 6, 2008
    iowa
    Do you know if that includes those of us who got Capture NX with a new D300? I'll have to call tonight and see.....

3. I believe it's only for retail purchases of the software (meaning not bundled with a camera). Can't hurt to ask though...

4. yooper

yooper

May 5, 2008
    Winona Lake, IN
    Cool beans!

...just got off the phone with Nikon support and my upgrade is on its way! :smile:

5. LOL - now you're talking! That's the perfect rationale to present when you call!

Sean

6. Hmm...thanks for the info. I'm going to find out when I bought my NX 1 copy to see if I qualify for NX2.

7. Wait...i bought a D300, i thought we got ViewNX, not capture ::runs over to D300 box:: am i missing something? Oh its a trial.
    Why dont people like Photoshop? I mean is NX2 better somehow? I got the Adobe Master Collection CS3 from...places....which is better?

8. SteveC

SteveC

Jun 13, 2008
    UK
    Just talked to Nikon in Europe and it looks as if we're not getting the same treatment over here. Oh well. On the bright side, he did say that if I bought Capture NX from a US dealer, NikonUSA will honour the upgrade despite my location. No idea if that's verified or not though

9. James, the early batches of the D3 and D300 came with a full version of Capture NX1. I believe these copies of NX1 are not eligible for the free upgrade :( 

10. Whats up with that? Why only the early batches? Arggggggg::like charlie brown::

11. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

trial?my capture nx has been working since december when i got it with my 300.as to you question yes its good .it was designed by nikon for nikon raw converson.whats not to like?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.