Friday afternoon baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Randy, Mar 24, 2007.

1. is there a better way to spend the afternoon ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Great captures!
    I'd buy some, but I'm not paying $4 for any 4x6s....:biggrin:

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The third shot is too cool. Green grass and drier dirt....you guys are so spoiled.

4. thx Jeff !

LOL...I feel so guilty these are free

I actually shoot baseball for the love of the sport and don't even hand out cards (seriously)....

5. thx Frank

this was such a great park and the coach let me shoot from anywhere I wanted (I have a NCHSAA press pass)....
    I was so close to 1st base i was afraid a foul ball would smack me upside the head while I was watching the runner.

If life gets any better down here I'm sure I will fall over dead.....I LOVE shooting sports more than eating food.

and today was the start of BIF season (after a morning on the lake I shot 3 soccer games)

[​IMG]

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    All of these great shooting experiences that we share makes me feel sad for those who don't know about the joys of photography.

7. i never thought of it like that but i agree....
    I wonder though if this hobby gets most people like it gets us...my wife for one thinks I am nuts (well that's another thread)...she can't understand why I get so excited doing this and now hates to go on vacation with me cause I always wanna stop and shoot

8. Oh good, it's not just my wife too :eek:

I like the last shot and the pickoff move to 1B. The runner looks like he's toast :biggrin:

9. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Cool shots....I am jealous of your sun...And dry ground....I like the tag at first base..

P.S. - watch your whites. he he

10. thx Peter

11. thx Rod...i was at ev=-1 so i assume it was not possible unless i used a cpl filter i guess

12. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois

I really only noticed it on #1...:smile:

13. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Nice....really nice......

14. thx gbr

15. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Just shooting sports this past week, has been a real source of therapy to me. It's been a hard couple of months. Shooting sports allows me to get away. Granted my stuff isn't as good as 99% of other posters here, but it's something I enjoy doing. I can also see improvement, week to week.
    So doing something I enjoy, and seeing improvment...gives me a feeling of satisfaction.

16. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Well, they are good shots. I like the 3rd and last one's best. Any advice for a beginning baseball shooter? Generally speaking?

I've shot all of ONE (1) baseball game, and that was last week. Hope to get another one in this week.

17. send me an email and i'll reply latter today or tomm

18. love the action in the last shot

19. thx