Friday night bug hunt...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Aug 6, 2005.

1. I should get a life, or this is the life!

Its nice that this time of year there is enough light and its warm enough the bugs are still active in the evenings so I can go shoot after work, I find it a great way to wind down go stalk insects for a couple of hours.

I used the 200 f4 micro and I slapped on the Kenko Pro 300 1.4 tc, good thing since the Darners were hovering tonight which makes it possible to get pictures of them.

Blue Eyed Darner in flight. This is uncropped thats how close they were getting, when I use a telephoto for them I can't get them when they are too close, but the 70-300ED is better at autofocusing on them, I had to use manual focus with the 200 micro.
    [​IMG]
    Sleepy Yellow Jacket.
    [​IMG]
    Tiny Dragonfly, no tc on this one, this at my goldfish pond.
    [​IMG]
    And the fly for the night, shadows are a bit dark, flash batteries went empty on me.
    [​IMG]

Top secret flash setup was used on all.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Martin

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Paul, that's what I do on Friday nights. 8)

Excellent series Martin. I really like the dragon in flight. Manual focus on a flight shot, huh? You must be really quick. :)

4. Very nice. Tight compositions, well lit, sharp, and interesting.
    Thanks,

5. Very nice Martin....great lighting...that flash setup is really humming now !!

6. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Good Stuff , that top secret flash stuff works pretty good. I may have to try to build me one.

7. Martin,

You continue to amaze me. These are great, of course I like the sleepy yellow jacket the best. :wink:

8. Thanks all for the nice comments, there very much appreciated.

Martin