Friday Night Lights - Utah

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Sauk, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
  2. Very nice Matthew blows my pictures from tonight away

3. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    thanks mike.

last night I tried this new bracket, (view here)

Very inexpensive flash bracket that gets you pretty darn high over the lens.

4. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    All pretty darned nice Matt. . .I think #1 is the best of the bunch.

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Matt...
    Why don't you come to my area on Friday nights. You could wear my shirt and hat, and maybe people would think I finally learned how to shoot HS football. :biggrin:
    These look pretty good to me.

6. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    lol thanks jeff :)

Rod,

I just wish my flash wasn't so strong in that one, I forgot to up the F stop :(

7. SeanMartin

SeanMartin

Sep 24, 2008
    Watkins, CO
    Sauk,

I'm curious why you moved the flash up. You posted all that stuff on mounting it low. They look nice.

8. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    sean,

I am still not sure which one I want to use lol Even after shooting all these games I still can't make up my mind.

One of the main reason's I like having the bracket above is for the shadows. If I had it below the lens at this game my shadows would have been out of control. The field and stadium were very close and they would have been huge!

I still believe I get better results with it below, but what can ya do :)

9. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    here are some more from that game, black and whites are at 12500 ISO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Looking Good Matt
    I love HS football I loathe shooting it :Angry:
    But it's more fun than just watching:biggrin:

11. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    Mark,

Yeah I played football for around 23 or 24 years of my life. This year might be the first time since 4th grade I won't be playing it.

My wifes friends always ask her why I never go to games to watch, and she tells them the same thing, he hates just watching the game. It's true, I really don't like watching football lol I only like playing it or shooting it. I have to be doing something otherwise sports to me are boring.

12. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I'm with you. I hate sitting in the stands, with all the "experts". They know exactly what the coach should do next, or should have done. That gets old real quick.
    Even with the frustration of shooting, I enjoy being on the sidelines. I don't get frustrated till I get home to post processing. :smile: