Friend shooting Trap

Discussion in 'People' started by docshank, May 26, 2007.

1. docshank

docshank

Feb 24, 2007
    Tennessee
    I was competing at a local trapshooting tournament the other day. When I got through shooting, I put my shotgun away and started shooting with my camera (it doesn't kick as much).Ha!!! We were shooting clay targets, not critters. No drinking or horseplay just good competition and clean fun. Here is a picture I put together of one of my friends. Pictures were taken with Nikon D70s and 180mm f2.8 lens.

_DSC3883nc_8x10_DXO.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nicely done

3. This is nice! Brings back memories......

One suggestion; move the main up in the frame so his head is not in the center.

Mike

4. docshank

docshank

Feb 24, 2007
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the Tip

Mike, thanks for the suggestion. The reason I didn't place the main differently was I wanted to keep the smoke coming out of the barrel visible. Thanks again.

docshank

5. Excellent montage Doc, well done.

6. Very nicely presented!

7. docshank

docshank

Feb 24, 2007
    Tennessee
    Thanks, Gordon and Dave. I still have much to learn. This thing called photography is a fun hobby for me.

docshank

8. Nice job, Doc, and it brings back memories for me too. I like the Model 12!

I was heavily into trapshooting for a few years, then got into distance running to stay in shape and lost about 30 lbs. After that, I found I couldn't stand up to the pounding of the 12 gauge anymore!