Friends

Discussion in 'People' started by TCMony, Aug 1, 2007.

1. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    I have a lot of friends who are in the photographic industry and they always aks me why I like NX. They tell me that I should be using my CS2 for everything. Here is my answer:

I only shoot raw and the convert it over through NX. There are certain things that I cannot do with NX so that is why I have CS2. They are both excellent softwares but for me I like how my NX software translates the information from my NEF file. AFter I have done some minor or major adustments then I will use CS2. NX is not a manipulation software, it is a processing software. When I shot film I would use diffusion filters and others. NX allows me to apply processing to my images just like a print machine would in the film days. Yes it does have some manipultation as in selective adjustments, but overall it is easier and faster to apply my changes to pictures with NX and I love the output result. Printing from NX also delivers a better finished product for me. Here are two examples from the same image. Let me know what you think.

This is the NX version
    975686577_5c70dc4fbd_o.

This is the CS2 Version
    976630298_980c2d4830_o.

You decide which you like better and then run with it. This is only a personal opinon. Thank you for your time.

2. LAW2

LAW2

Oct 24, 2006
    JAX
    I hard a hard time telling a difference. I would say the CS2 version is a tad warmer (I was looking at the bricks), but the skin doesn't look as good. The jeans (skirt actually) have more detail in the CS2 version but look a little too detailed? I don't know I'm too inexperienced to offer much. Looking forward to other comments.

3. jeremyInMT

jeremyInMT Guest

I like the second one better because the vignetting doesn't cover part of the hair like it does in the first one.