Fringer adapter for using Nikkor F lenses on Fujifilm bodies

Fringer have recently released the NF-FX adapter which allows the use of Nikkor F lenses on Fujifilm bodies

I have been looking at something like this to move my birding from a D500, to a mirrorless body. While I have FF Nikon mirrorless bodies, I prefer to use an APS-C body and since I already have Fujifilm bodies, I figured it might be worth giving this adapter a trial. They have just been made available via Amazon AU resellers, so I have placed an order and expect delivery later this month.

If the adapter works as expected, it will give me a number of additional lenses I can use with the Fuji bodies, including macro.

https://www.fringeradapter.com/nikon-f-to-fujifilm-x

A couple of videos showing it in action

This video shows testing on the 200-500mm f/5.6 which is the lens I mainly use for birding

I will update this thread once I have received the adapter and had a bit of a play.

The adapter turned up yesterday.

I connected the adapter with the Nikkor 200-500mm lens to a Fuji X-T3 and went for a quick wander in local reserve around the corner from home.

Focusing speed appears similar to when using the lens on a Nikon D500. There weren't many birds around late in the afternoon so I'll wait until the weekend to have another play.

A couple of snaps using the above combination.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice.

I would like to know the performance in AF-C tracking.
Thank you

Hopefully I'll get a chance to check it over the weekend. I still have some tweaking to do to the Fuji settings to find a suitable EVF combination. While I use a variety of mirrorless bodies for most genres, I usually use a DSLR for birds. I have tried both an Olympus E-M1 MK II and MK III on a couple of occasions for birding, but both EVF's left me a bit frustrated, particularly when a bird blends in with the surrounds. Maybe its my aging eyesight, but I have trouble locating the bird at times when using an EVF.

Having a bit of a play with the EVF settings at work this morning. It looks fine on static subjects but not too many birds around to practice on.

A quick phone pic

50856835033_a03e3d47cd_b.jpg

Real Name
Andrew
Thank you

Hopefully I'll get a chance to check it over the weekend. I still have some tweaking to do to the Fuji settings to find a suitable EVF combination. While I use a variety of mirrorless bodies for most genres, I usually use a DSLR for birds. I have tried both an Olympus E-M1 MK II and MK III on a couple of occasions for birding, but both EVF's left me a bit frustrated, particularly when a bird blends in with the surrounds. Maybe its my aging eyesight, but I have trouble locating the bird at times when using an EVF.
definitely try the egg in boost mode. Higher refresh and blackout free in high continuous shooting.

definitely try the egg in boost mode. Higher refresh and blackout free in high continuous shooting.
Thanks, yes, it was one of the first changes I made.
I've been having a play with the settings at work (its nice to sit and play without worrying about missing a shot in the field). I feel I have a good EVF setup now, just need some birds to practice on.

A couple of snaps while at work today. After tweaking the EVF settings I'm finding it much more enjoyable to use. I'm looking forward to the weekend to have a bit more of a play.

I took the Fujikon out for a test drive this morning.

The day started off grey and overcast, then the clouds moved away and it became bright and sunny. A great morning weather wise to test out the Fuji with the Nikkor 200-500mm lens. What I did like, besides the silent shutter is how well the Fuji metered in some difficult light.

Here are a few snaps from this mornings wander.

#1 White-eared Honeyeater

#2 Yellow-faced Honeyeater

#3 Laughing Kookaburra

#4 Galah

#5 Red Wattlebird

#6 Little Wattlebird

#7 Eastern Rosella

#8 Willie Wagtail

#9 Red-browed Finch

#10 White-naped Honeyeater

#11 Spotted Pardalote

#12 Superb-fairy Wren

It will be very interesting to hear how well Fuji performs tracking BIFs with the Nikon 200-500.
We are heading into a heatwave, which was possibly why the birds were a bit quiet yesterday, that is only an assumption on my part. Once things cool down a bit, I’ll head out again.

A change of combination this morning

Fuji X-T3, Fringer adapter, Nikkor 105mm micro

30 image focus stack. The camera and adapted lens performed as if I was using a native lens

Paua shell

A quick snap using a Nikkor 70-200mm lens on a Fuji body

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom