Frog from Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jamesjoyce, May 3, 2005.

1. jamesjoyce

jamesjoyce

May 2, 2005
    Belgium
    Hi, this is my first real post (besides my introduction). This picture has been taken in late evening (when the others were drinking cocktails) with a small torch in my mouth an another in my left hand. On top of my D100 was the SB-600 en the lens used was the Micro 105/2.8
    What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. pretty darn cool shot!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Rudy,

I think fantastic, like most of the rest of your shots from CR. You are one persistent bugger, so shoot them with flashlights. 8)

4. Great capture! Perfect focus which is difficult in the dark with all hands full! If you flip it 90CW, he becomes very comical. Are these little guys hard to find, or are they plentiful in CR?

5. great shot, the pose and all are just perfect

6. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    A frog in the hand is worth.....................

Very nice sir I have done a little of this type of photography and to say the least it is very challenging. You have done a excellent job with the colors if you have the time could you tell us a little bit about this guy.

Richard

7. WOW WOW WOW!! Great shot.....wonderful detail!! I love it!! :D :D :D

8. jamesjoyce

jamesjoyce

May 2, 2005
    Belgium
    Thanks very much for your comments!

Let's be honest: there's always a great deal of luck involved with this kind of pictures. You see something and you try something but it's afterwards that the "oh-feeling" is coming... Photographing in Costa Rica is so rewarding but mentally very hard (you'd wish this last forever...).

@TOLady: these guys are hard to find when you're looking for them :p I was extremely lucky. The other people of my group were drinking cocktails while I was planning a night walk. Right opposite our lodge was a strange noise. I went over there (there was a swimming pool) and I saw ten's of these guys (and women). The day after when I stayed behind, suddenly a lazy hairy beast climbed over my head. We laughed with it afterwards...

@huskey8: I'm not a biologist but I did some research for tagging my pictures and if I'm not wrong this frog's name is "Red-eyed Treefrog" or "Agalychnis callidryon"

9. Rudy that is an outstanding image. I love those little tree frogs.

10. Great picture of a cool frog Rudy.

Martin

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super , exceptional shot.

How big (or small) are those frogs.

Incredible colors.