Frog, Poisonous!?!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by NikonConvert, Aug 19, 2005.

1. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    This is a poisonous frog of some kind... I think, taken at a butterfly farm. Subject is behind glass and very small (approx 2cm long), image is not cropped. Taken on Fuji S2 with 105mm nikon micro lens.

35350232_acda8fc5da_o.

Thank heavens it's Friday, have a good weekend y'all =)

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    That's an amazing shot to be behind glass. I've never understood how such a shot doesn't show reflections. We continue to see great shots with that lens. Well done.

3. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Cheers Frank, I was quite supprised by thae lack of reflections as well. I don't know if it helped but the settings I used were:

ISO 100
    F45 (ish)
    6 seconds
    Gitzo Tripod

I was lucky to catch him with the long exposure because he moved off to the back of the tank alomst the second the exposure finished.

4. I love the variety in the color of frogs. You have shone us yet again another color. Well done. I assume you were as close to the glass as you could get to cut down the reflections?

5. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    I was but it was at quite an angle too so I expected reflections a plenty. I think it may have been because the place was quite gloomy (hense the 6 second exposure) and so not much light to reflect.

6. Nice of it to stand still for 6 seconds! Obviously posing just for you.

Nice lighting considering it is in a glass confine. Well captured.

Regards,
    Jonathan

7. Nice Dart Frog, they sure are small.

Good one.

Martin