Frog: Trying out Marco Lens

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Highspeed, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Highspeed

Highspeed

Jan 15, 2007
    U.S.A.
  2. soooo cute. oh yea, nice photos.

laurie

3. crazy DOF on the last one, I like em.

4. Cool shots, which macro lens is this?

5. Highspeed

Highspeed

Jan 15, 2007
    U.S.A.
    Thanks everyone. All the shots were hand held. The lens is the Sigma 70mm 2.8 that I bought off another Cafe member. Great lens so far, hopefully I'll get to use it a little more.

6. Never heard of the Marco lens but I sure like the way it takes pictures.

7. technick

technick

Jun 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Beautiful pics, i've always had a problem with getting close enough to animals to get 1:1 shots...

8. I think you meant macro lens. Your second shot is very interesting. All macro shots should be taken on a tripod. Had you done that, the frog's eye would have been tack sharp. If your subject is stationary, you may want to try shots at different f stops to see what you get at f/2.8 as opposed to f/16 or so. Once you start with macro shots, you get hooked!

9. Highspeed

Highspeed

Jan 15, 2007
    U.S.A.
    lol yea sorry typing>me I meant Macro

10. Highspeed

Highspeed

Jan 15, 2007
    U.S.A.

Thanks, I wish I would have had my tripod with me. I'm already starting to get hooked on the Macro shots.