1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

frogging around

Discussion in 'People' started by Doug Lutke, May 5, 2007.

1. Doug Lutke

Doug Lutke

Dec 30, 2006
    Michigan
    This is my grand daughter at the park. It was a very windy, sunny day as you can see by the hair. Haley is very anti-photo and it's hard to get a good picture of her because she generally looks the other way when she sees a camera. Being pretty new to this, I'm alway open to advise on how to improve.

484385406_edf9ac3af4.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Doug

2. Well you did a lot of things right with this cute picture of your daughter. Compositionally it probably would have been better had you come up a little closer behind the subject and left a little more room in front so that the frog wasn't pressing so close to the edge. Colors are good and the lighting on the face of your subject is as well. She is a cutey.

3. i think it's cute, and i like the color and simplicity.

4. All that was said above and the fact that the colors are quite complimentary: pink/magenta shirt against green frog and blond hair against blue sky. Thumbs up!

5. Doug Lutke

Doug Lutke

Dec 30, 2006
    Michigan
    Thanks for your comments Gorden, There's just so dang many things to think about when your new at this. This is the reason I posted this, to get advise on how to improve.

6. Doug Lutke

Doug Lutke

Dec 30, 2006
    Michigan
    Well I can't take credit for the clothing, but thanks for your comments.

7. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Cute photo Doug. Keep the camera handy, you'll get other chances.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.