From alaska, part 1

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by obelix, Jul 14, 2005.

1. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    This is to pretty for me to look at. I am jealous. A place I will never see.

Thank you so much for sharing. Look for some more. Yeah guess I gotta go to the BLOG :>))
    Beautiful images. Bit different than the usual posted, I like this.

3. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Gale. I ran into rains after day #2. It did not change the way we enjoyed Alaska a wee bit, but the photos came out crap :). But I guess it is the memories that last, isn't it?

4. The image with Sahana in it is really neat. Love it a lot. Your others are good as well Anand, it looks like you did have some good weather.

5. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Gordon

Thanks. It was day 1. The weather went South after that :(

I ran into rains pretty much on every day after. But still it was a very enjoyable visit.

I tried to make as much lemonade I could for the lemons handed over to me by the weather gods ;), but sweeping landscapes suck when the light is very muddy.

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Wonderful set of pictures. I would love to get there someday. I'm surprised how much it looks like some of the scenery here in Idaho.

7. Nice shots Anand, did you think the GND helped?

8. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Terri.

Vinod - I would not have done a thing without it. No was I was going to use a tripod here and there was a stiff wind as well.

I should have tried a single exposure - develop many trick, but I have not been too happy with the results.

GND filters seem to give best bang for the buck and very less time to spend in post processing, I like them.

9. Anand,

Too bad the weather went to bits, but you sure captured some nice scenery here. I'll have to get me one of those GND filters... It's always something, isn't it? :twisted: ;-) :lol:

10. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Philippe

I thought I was done buying gear :).

Thanks.

11. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Roman

I don't have any photos without the GND on them :). Not that I do not like digital GND, I used it in this photo below, but given a chance, I would use the GND filter, saves so much pain later :)

[​IMG]

anand