from Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Randy, Feb 27, 2017.

1. I'd love to go back

p.s. I'm stuck at home with my kidney stone reworking old shots so sorry for so many old posts

Mike, these are all 500vr shots, the lens produces outstanding micro detail in feathers, it's amazing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

First off, Randy - feel better soon. Kidney stones are no joke, and I'm sure you're feeling pretty miserable right now.

Second - these are brilliant, especially the second image. The clarity is amazing!

3. thanks Lyndee

4. Simply fabulous--those capture the iridescence so well, almost like porcelain or glass. Hope you heal son, but don't stop posting :)

5. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Very nice (y)

6. thanks Nick

I read a post where someone complained about a slow down here and Mitch had a good idea, we should all post more (a problem I've never had:))

7. thanks Peter

8. Good stuff Randy, very nice shots love 2 & 3............hope that stones gone real soon.

9. Love that last one. Serious i.q. here. Get well soon...staying stoned has gotta get old.

10. Randy sure hope you are feeling better soon. These shots are simply amazing. I do hope you are able to get back. Glad you went back and posted these. Take care.

11. Reggie

Reggie

Dec 10, 2005
    Parrish, FL
    Beautiful stuff Randy, fantastic image quality.

12. Hope you're on the mend very soon, although your misfortune is our gain with you posting these stunning images!

13. Wow what a nice series, makes me almost want kidney stones to get these kind of excellent shots,

Get well soon Buddy!

14. thanks Andreas
    thanks
    thanks Reggie
    thanks Jim
    thanks buddy
    thanks Darrell

15. Randy - As usual, great shots. The detail in the feathers is stellar. More to the point, I hope that you are on the mend from the kidney stone. A colleague at work had one pass and I know that he was in a great deal of pain. I hope the pain you experience is minimal and that you are starting to feel better now.

16. Thanks John, I appreciate your thoughts

17. Randy - 1st: wishing you a speedy and pain-free recovery. 2nd: geez, but those are terrific (as usual). 3rd: how did you transport your big rig to Costa Rica?

18. Thanks Eric

I carry on a thinktank international roller

19. First of all...great shots...love the colours and the details that this lens renders. I regret selling mine, but the arthritic pain in my neck reminds me that I made the inevitable decision.
    Secondly ...kidney stones - had them and I know what you're going through....I think I'll pass on them. :). My wife Hanusia also had a kidney stone and now adheres to a strict low oxylate diet ( calcium stones)...which kind of restricts her food choices but still, better than having to go through the experience again.

20. Thanks bob

The 1 stone causing this has not hurt at all. What hurts more is the threat of it passing that keeps me stuck at home. I find out today if it's gone or what's the next step.