From D200 to box camera?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by ddietiker, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Hmmm, when I bought my D200, I thought what a wonderful camera, all the really good tools built right in. So off I go learning all about the camera and how to shoot. After all that learning and neat features this is what I do :rolleyes:

Use manual exposure
    Spot meter
    Manual focus

Some how I still dont think less of a camera would work though :wink:

2. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Yes, but it is a magneseum box :biggrin:

3. Funny, I was talking about your point with another shooter recently.. . . in the end "taking good pictures" comes all the way around and back where it started.

4. Or I guess it has never really changed either

5. jak2

jak2

Mar 14, 2007
    This is great news! I've only had my D200 a week now and I haven't had much time to read up on it... guess I already know everything I need to know :wink:

Suspect your view isn't too far off LOL.

6. lamplighter

lamplighter Guest

Hi

Just got a D200 myself after having a D50 (and a Coolpix 5700 before that). I had no experience with a real camera before this so after a few months with the D50 on auto I decided to buy a cheap all manual camera to force myself to learn about f stops, shutter speeds, metering. Confusingly I actually bought an old Russian rangefiner (a Zorki 4) rather than say a Zenit SLR but I eventually got some good results with it. I've since bought a Voigtlander R2 (poor man's Leica/rich man's FSU) and I love shooting with both digital and film.

Adam (first post!)

7. Adam, welcome to the Cafe. And, if you feel so inclined post some pics on the film forum!