...from my recent trip to Vietnam

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by ospf2001, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    great series

2. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful country.. I especially liked 5, 6, 7 & 8.

Thanks for posting Trung!

3. Daniel-Swe

Daniel-Swe Guest

Just great!!!
    I wish some day I can go there take some shots!

4. Thank you Lowolf!

Thank you Daniel! If you plan to go there, winter months is the best time.

5. kperry

kperry

Aug 7, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Beautiful shots

I'm headed there next month and look forward to trying out my very amateur skills with a D50

6. Hi Kperry,
    What part of the country will you visit? I hope you will have a great time over there.
    I'm a amateur, too ... I just shoot and shoot a lot of anything I that I like to capture :biggrin:

7. Simply incredible

8. Hi Trung!

Where in Vietnam was that (I guess somewhere in the north)? I mean that you needed a heli to go there? When I saw the forested slopes I got a watery mouth.

Cheers

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images

10. Mystic

Mystic Guest

Hi Trung, great stuff, it looks like beautiful country...I especially like 7 & 8, they just took my breath away....

If you don't mind me asking, what part of Vietnam were you in?
    and Did you stay in that camp? and for how long?

Sorry I'm really curious, Vietnam is on my list of places I'd love to see and your picture say this was a really interesting trip...

11. Excellent! Number 7 looks almost like a rare Chinese screen. That's a wall hanger for sure!

PaulC

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2007
  12. Beautiful series - thanks!

I too am curious. It doesn't look like you were there on holiday, what was the nature of your trip?

Don

13. Thank You Bill!

Hi Harry,
    It was in the central(from Hai Van Path to Quan Tri). Yes, we need Heli to get to those places because we have alot of gears/equipment and supplies to stay in there for the duration. however, helo could only land about a mile bellow.... so we had to hike up from there.

thank you Gale!

Hi Debbie,
    I were in the central province Hue and Quan Tri. Yes, I stayed in that camp for around 10 -15 days for work. VN is beautiful especially from the central to north because there not much flat lands, but a lot of mountains, rivers and ocean. it's very pleasant to visit from Nov to Apr if you don't like the heat :)

Thank you Paul! Haven't printed any yet, I think I should print some for my new apt or even self inspiration :)

Hi Don,
    I was there for work. it's was a little too extreme for a holiday for me! :biggrin:
    So how do you like StL area? I will move to Scott AFB in Belleville in Oct. Isn't the winter that bad, is it? :biggrin:

14. Thanks Trung!

I am always looking for potential expedition areas. I have never been to Vietnam but seriously considering it since my cooperation with Myanmar has become somewhat problematic - those military jerks are only interested in my money and not in my work and expertise, so if it isn't possible to continue unofficially, I have to look for an alternative (in addition to China and Laos).

How much was the copter rental?

Cheers

15. Harry,
    The helo we'd got is a part of a big package deal we have for our work over there, so I can't tell you how much It will cost if you hire one. You don't want the one we used (MI-17) anyway because it's too big and cost more than a smaller one.
    You may have to contact the travel agencies to find out more infor about that. If for some reasons, the agencies can't help you, let me know, I will talk to my friends over there to find out more about that or get you in touch with them.

As far as I know, we weren't allowed to take pics in flight, unless we get a permit, maybe just because the areas where we worked at.