From my walk today - an interesting Heron shot

Had lots of fun with my 2 new friends (D2X & 300 f4 AFS) this morning. I don't think I've ever seen a GBH up in the tree like this. This was taken in HSC mode. I had lots of fun playing with that today, too. Trying to get ready for Merritt Island and all the big guns! :wink:

I applied sharpening guidelines mentioned recently by Jean-Pierre to this photo. What do you think?

Comments, feedback always welcome!

greyflash said:
Wow Kevin, this is super. The lighting on this shot is really nice. You are already making good use of this new lens.
Thanks, Gordon! This means alot to me. I dropped my daughter off at school at 7:30 and came straight to this park. The morning light was wonderful and I found a few good specimens. I have some others of this same bird from from a different angle that I'll post later.

I'm really happy with the 300. Frank was right in recommending it. Now to get a converter for a little more reach. :wink:

Gale said:
Right, that is SUPER

Your ready for Merritt...Now stop it.
Oh dear, Gale. I'm afraid I feel unworthy to shoot in the presence of some of you so the pressure is on me to perform. Just trying to brush up as quickly as I can so I don't get kicked out of the group.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone and hope to get some Caracara, Eagle and Roseate shots. :wink:

Kevin Scott said:
Gale said:
Right, that is SUPER

Your ready for Merritt...Now stop it.
Oh dear, Gale. I'm afraid I feel unworthy to shoot in the presence of some of you so the pressure is on me to perform. Just trying to brush up as quickly as I can so I don't get kicked out of the group.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone and hope to get some Caracara, Eagle and Roseate shots. :wink:
Give me a break. You're as ready as anyone else. 8)

So you are liking the 300 f4 huh?

Flew said:
So you are liking the 300 f4 huh?
Are you kidding me? I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Trying to get used to no zoom. :wink: Having some lockup issues but not sure if it's the lens or the cam. Otherwise, no complaints.

Thanks, Frank & Don! I was glad that I was up early and got to take advantage of the early morning light. I work hard at trying to compose the images following the rules. But, sometimes I still shoot dead center to quickly get the shot then worry about cropping later. This one wasn't that kind of shot. He sat there a good 30 minutes. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom