From my walk today - an interesting Heron shot

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, May 20, 2005.

1. Had lots of fun with my 2 new friends (D2X & 300 f4 AFS) this morning. I don't think I've ever seen a GBH up in the tree like this. This was taken in HSC mode. I had lots of fun playing with that today, too. Trying to get ready for Merritt Island and all the big guns! :wink:

I applied sharpening guidelines mentioned recently by Jean-Pierre to this photo. What do you think?

Comments, feedback always welcome!

[​IMG]

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice

3. Wow Kevin, this is super. The lighting on this shot is really nice. You are already making good use of this new lens.

4. Nice shot, Kevin!! :D :D :D

5. Thanks Dave and Bryan.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Right, that is SUPER

Your ready for Merritt...Now stop it.

7. Thanks, Gordon! This means alot to me. I dropped my daughter off at school at 7:30 and came straight to this park. The morning light was wonderful and I found a few good specimens. I have some others of this same bird from from a different angle that I'll post later.

I'm really happy with the 300. Frank was right in recommending it. Now to get a converter for a little more reach. :wink:

8. Oh dear, Gale. I'm afraid I feel unworthy to shoot in the presence of some of you so the pressure is on me to perform. Just trying to brush up as quickly as I can so I don't get kicked out of the group.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone and hope to get some Caracara, Eagle and Roseate shots. :wink:

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Give me a break. You're as ready as anyone else. 8)

So you are liking the 300 f4 huh?

10. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful shot, Kevin, and great lighting!

11. phranc

phranc

Apr 30, 2005
    Central Texas
    Excellentg. I love the composition. Great colors too.

12. Are you kidding me? I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Trying to get used to no zoom. :wink: Having some lockup issues but not sure if it's the lens or the cam. Otherwise, no complaints.

13. Thanks, Frank & Don! I was glad that I was up early and got to take advantage of the early morning light. I work hard at trying to compose the images following the rules. But, sometimes I still shoot dead center to quickly get the shot then worry about cropping later. This one wasn't that kind of shot. He sat there a good 30 minutes. :)