From Nikon to Canon to Olympus back to Nikon again.

Well, I have come full circle. I haven't been on this board for a while, but I am glad to say I am back to Nikon. I wanted to share my experience in brief:

-I sold my beloved Nikon D200 and manual focus lenses.

-I switched to Canon as I wanted some f4 lenses and was curious about the Canon system: Purchasing the 5D, 70-200 f4 L and 17-40 f4 L.

-In all honesty I was not impressed by Canon. I tried desperately for several months to 'bond' with Canon, but I really didn't like the bodies, lenses, and image quality - so I sold my kit.

- I purchased the Olympus EP-1 wanting to go old-school with the rangefinder-like styling and small form factor. While I truly loved Olympus's IQ (which is stunning), I really missed having an OVF, comfortable ergonomics, and quick focusing.

-I recently acquired the not-so-respected D3000 and have fallen in love with Nikon again. Regardless of what you might have read in the reviews, let me state this is one very sophisticated and impressive camera body. I even consider it an upgrade to my old D200 (Yes I am serious) as it has better battery life, better screen, 3D Focusing, better high ISO performance, better dynamic range, better OOC JPEGs, etc - and let's not forget it's smaller and lighter. I paired the D3000 with the 35 1.8.

I doubt I will leave Nikon again. I have never been brand loyal, but the Nikon formula is tough to beat.

Last edited by a moderator: