From real ugly to real beauty

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Apr 19, 2007.

1. I went for a drive to the Skagit Flats after leaving Bill, Louie and Morrie at the osprey nest. We had a great morning. My wife and I went to check on some real estate for sale in the LaConner area and stumbled on these wild turkeys. I had never seen one before. The first shots were with my 18-35 lens!! The others were with my 70-200. They would walk right up to me. I guess these birds have been around people a lot.

original.

View attachment 91451

View attachment 91452

View attachment 91453

And now for the beauty. The tulip fields were out in full bloom. Here is just one shot of the many I took.

View attachment 91454

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  2. Love those turkeys - great colours... but that tulip photo is oustanding!!!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I have to agree with Sandi. Just an excellent set Jim.

4. Jim, this is a most excellent set. The turkeys are outstanding, I've never seen a turkey this close up. A real beautiful job in capturing them. The field is beautiful, I didn't realize that it's that time of year already with the tulips.

Louie

5. Well, Jim what did you have for lunch? Roast Turkey perhaps????? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I don't see how you can call them "ugly", that seems a bit harsh don't you think? I'm sure their mothers like them ...... :wink:

6. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Great set, I really like that second one.

7. Thanks Sandi. It was great fun watching those turkeys strut their stuff. The only problem we have with the tulips is the large number of people and cars they attract. They are sure pretty to see though.

Thanks Frank. It is nice to have some time again to take pictures.

Louie, those turkeys are fun to watch. They will walk right up to you. I think my best shot is the one with the 18-35. Now thats close. Can you imagine taking osprey shots with an 18-35 lens?

All I can say is I am glad they taste better than they look. We will have to make a trip up in the morning. I was told they stay in the trees at night. That would be pretty fun to see.

Thanks much. That second one is with the 18-35 lens. It was sure fun to see them.

8. Very Nice set Jim love the color

9. Great shots Jim. The color, the contrast, the beauty of nature.

And the flowers are pretty also.

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent set with gorgeous colors.

11. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Nice shots. With a little PP work you could put the two together - the reddish color in the turkey's wattles is a perfect match for the tulips. Just kidding. Well done.

12. Gorgeous color on these! Well done.

Jose

13. WOW:eek: WOW:eek: WOW:eek:

Beautiful! The tulips are just perfect and those turkeys? Well, they make my mouth water! LOL! Nice job!

14. eswinston

eswinston

Mar 11, 2006
    MA
    Great shots. Our wild turkeys are not so cooperative....we have lots but they hunt them around here so they are a bit skittish. Love the tulips....am just starting to see a few crocus and daffodils around here.