1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

From Sunday's hike...flower pics...

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Leigh, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    So while everyone else was hiking, I just wandered around the upper grounds of the Nature Trail Park and took a few photos of the beautiful flowers. Hope you enjoy!

140534462-L.

140534550-L.

140534522-L.

140534534-L.

140534364-L.

2. Wow. Would this be the 105vr???

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Mason. Yes, this is the 105VR. Patrick got it for me for Christmas and I'm really beginning to love it! A bit of a learning curve, but man, it is sharp when I get it right. BTW, these are all handheld.

4. Beautiful! Always love your flower shots.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Phil. I sure wish you could have been here to do some flower shots as well.

6. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Those are great, Leigh! I absolutely love #2 & 3. Wish I coulda been with you folks

7. Beautiful captures, I expecially like the composition on #3.

BTW:
    The last one reminds me a little about "Little shop of horror": "Feed me Seymore!"

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Brandon. Wish you could have been there too. Maybe next year.

Michael...#3 was my favorite. As to the last one...I wondered if anyone would think about "Little Shop of Horrors". That was exactly what I thought when I was processing it!:smile:

9. Lovely, Leigh.

You certainly had enough willing subjects in that part of the Nature Trail. I think I like #3 the best.

Also, I thought I had enough lenses ....

10. Well, great minds think alike :wink: :biggrin:

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Joe. I wish I could have gone on the hike with you all...probably wouldn't have been a great idea though.

If you don't have the 105VR, you need one! I absolutely love it. I had been wanting one for some time when Patrick surprised me at Christmas with it!

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beauties Leigh. :smile:

13. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Frank.

14. Lovely, Leigh. Looks like the weather was nice. Dave W. and I drove through rain most of the way home and we were hoping it had left the Huntsville area with us.

15. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    Those are beautiful tulips, thanks for sharing them.

16. Absolutely beautiful Leigh! Glad you got a chance to take some images throughout this busy weekend.
    Dave

17. WOW, Leigh these are just GORGEOUS! I can almost smell their fragrance!

18. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks, Dave. It was nice up on the mountain. The rain had moved through for the most part..though we did encounter a few sprinkles just as the hike was ending.
    Thanks! Tulips are my favourite flower...the best thing about Spring!
    Dave, I could have taken pics during the weekend, but I have more fun watching everyone else enjoy themselves taking pictures. Besides, if I had been shooting, who would have been feeding you guys?!:wink:
    Thank you!
    Dianne, you have no idea how wonderful they smelled. It had rained the night before quite heavily and so all the pollen was washed off of everything. We could all breathe better and enjoy the fragrance!

19. Oh, Leigh, these are gorgeous! You've obviously mastered that 105 VR!! My favorite is the third one, but I love all of them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.