From Sunday's hike...people pics

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Leigh, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    First, I'd like to thank EVERYONE who joined us this weekend. What a great joy it has been spending time with you all. Thank you all so much!

Okay, so I finally picked up a camera when we got to Green Mountain. These were all shot with the D200 and 105VR.

Patrick "Let's get this hike started!"

Patrick,Faye (Herb's lovely wife), Chris Knight and Ryan

Joe (J.Alan) "Hey, what's so funny?!"

Sommer "Sorry Joe, you missed the punch line!"

Leigh (My self portrait)

Thanks again, everyone! It was so much fun spending the weekend with you all!
  2. Leigh,

I am sorry that I missed the hike, but it looked like you had a good bunch. After lunch the folks that went to the dam were a buch of tired puppies!
  3. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Mason, I understand completely. That was one of the main reasons we didn't go to the Dam...I knew I'd be wiped out BEFORE lunch! LOL

Hey, I just want to thank you for all your help this weekend. It was great of you to act as a chauffer/host/etc. I know that you helped make everyone's weekend so much nicer. I can't wait to see you and Allison again. BTW, I'm going to hold you to that promise of taking Patrick fishing!:smile:
  4. sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Like your self-portrait Leigh! Nice perspective.
  5. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Thanks SJ...I kind of thought it worked well w/my pregnant belly!:wink:
  6. Again, nice to see this group of great people.

Mason, if I come next year, I will go fishing with you and your dad.
  7. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Thanks for looking, Phil.
  8. Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Very nice collection of folks shots Leigh. You should pick up the D200 more often. :smile:
  9. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Thanks Frank. I usually try to take a few pics at least once a week. This weekend though, I felt it was more important to tend to everyone's needs rather than take some mediocre shots.:wink: Seriously, I had so much fun this weekend I hope everyone else had as great a time!

Thanks to you as well Frank for organizing the Saturday morning and Sunday morning shoots. I think everyone really enjoyed both days!:smile:
  10. Great to see these, Leigh. If I can come next year I'll try to join in the Sunday activities.
  11. Awsome shots Leigh! I can hardly wait for next year! Love your "self-portrait!" :biggrin:
  12. You don't have to thank me, it was my pleasure. You and Patrick are the ones who did all of the work!

I will get Patrick out on the water soon.
  13. Oddly enough, he doesn't fish. He lives on the lake but to my knowledge he has never caught a fish! However I keep my boat in his boat lift and he does ride with me quite a bit.
  14. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    That would be great, Dave. Maybe next year it won't have to be the whirlwind trip!
    Thanks Dianne! I'm counting on you to be here next year!
  15. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Great to see the hike photos, and love your self portrait!

16. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Thanks, Wade. I wish I could have gone on the hike with everyone, but just didn't feel it would be the wise thing for me to do (being 6.5 months pregnant!!!).

I saw that gazing ball and figured..."Hey, I'm already fairly round at this point, why not go for it!".
  17. rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Great shots, Leigh. I'm sorry we didn't make it to the hike. We had a great time there last year.
  18. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    No worries, Rex. I was glad to hear you all got a little rest. At least you got to join us at the Safari Park and at dinner!
  19. Great set of images! sure wish we could have stayed for that but my passenger......
  20. Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Next year, Dave! You and DaveD will definitely have to plan on staying longer...maybe even bring your wives along next time!

Thanks for making the kamikazee trip down. It wouldn't have been the same without you!