From the Birmingham Zoo

Patrick and I took Ryan and Benjamin to the Zoo for Mother's Day (or they took me) :D....I got to take a few shots, these are a couple of my favorites.

Sleeping Flamingo
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lazy Tiger
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was rather pleased with this one as it was taken through glass that was at least an inch thick and hadn't been cleaned since Reagan was in office! :shock:

Thanks for looking!

Leigh,

These are awesome!! You took these with the CP??

Great color, and sharp as a tack. Excellent. :wink:

Frank, yes, that was the CP8800....patrick offered his D2H for the day, but as we were having to push a double stroller around I didn't want anything more than I could handle. Plus I just wanted to enjoy the day. The pictures I got were just an added bonus! :)

Don, I was suprised by the one through glass as well. The CP8800 has a museum setting that I used and put the lens right up to the glass. It worked out well. The other thing that worked against me was the distance....that guy was at least 300 feet away from me!

Gale, yep, I thought of you when I posted both of these. In fact, I've got a shot of a white tiger (although not a cub) that I might post if I have time to work on cleaning it up a bit).

Brian and Sandi, thanks, I'm glad you like them. I just love the color of the flamingos! I can't wait to go back and get more shots of them!

Cheers everyone!

Dang Frank, are you sure we want her at the pond? It's bad enough I've got your post of the same bird I shoot!

Leigh, even if your lens is not as long as ours I'm bettin you could find all sorts of compositions with the duck, geese and chicks running around our feet.

You've got a good eye for non standard views. keep on shootin.

Flew said:
No, you misunderstand Greg. She's coming with the big guns.... :lol:
So I hear Patrick's getting the D2X and Greg's getting his D2H....and at some point I might be getting a D50....look out guys.....here I come!!!!

That's a great offer...but the kids just went down for their nap! Thanks....can I have a rain check?

Leigh,

Absolutely. Just let me know when. I bring both cameras every day, unless it is just pouring rain (and sometimes then....;-)).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom