From the Birmingham Zoo

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Leigh, May 9, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Patrick and I took Ryan and Benjamin to the Zoo for Mother's Day (or they took me) :D....I got to take a few shots, these are a couple of my favorites.

Sleeping Flamingo
    21663548-L.

Lazy Tiger
    21663549-L.
    I was rather pleased with this one as it was taken through glass that was at least an inch thick and hadn't been cleaned since Reagan was in office! :shock:

Thanks for looking!

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Leigh,

These are awesome!! You took these with the CP??

Great color, and sharp as a tack. Excellent. :wink:

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Leigh. I'm really amazed by the one through the glass.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    think I have started a trend :>)))

Great shots leigh.

:>)))))))))

5. WOW, Leigh nice shots!! Especially your first shot.......it's beautiful!!! :D :D :D :D

6. Beautiful shots, esp the colour!!! Well done...

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank, yes, that was the CP8800....patrick offered his D2H for the day, but as we were having to push a double stroller around I didn't want anything more than I could handle. Plus I just wanted to enjoy the day. The pictures I got were just an added bonus! :)

Don, I was suprised by the one through glass as well. The CP8800 has a museum setting that I used and put the lens right up to the glass. It worked out well. The other thing that worked against me was the distance....that guy was at least 300 feet away from me!

Gale, yep, I thought of you when I posted both of these. In fact, I've got a shot of a white tiger (although not a cub) that I might post if I have time to work on cleaning it up a bit).

Brian and Sandi, thanks, I'm glad you like them. I just love the color of the flamingos! I can't wait to go back and get more shots of them!

Cheers everyone!

8. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Dang Frank, are you sure we want her at the pond? It's bad enough I've got your post of the same bird I shoot!

Leigh, even if your lens is not as long as ours I'm bettin you could find all sorts of compositions with the duck, geese and chicks running around our feet.

You've got a good eye for non standard views. keep on shootin.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    No, you misunderstand Greg. She's coming with the big guns.... :lol:

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    So I hear Patrick's getting the D2X and Greg's getting his D2H....and at some point I might be getting a D50....look out guys.....here I come!!!!

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Leigh,

I've got my D70 in the truck if you want to come shoot at lunch. Got the monopod and Sidekick too.

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That's a great offer...but the kids just went down for their nap! Thanks....can I have a rain check?

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Leigh,

Absolutely. Just let me know when. I bring both cameras every day, unless it is just pouring rain (and sometimes then....;-)).