From the bottom up

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Greg, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Thought I would try a little silhouette on the first one. Second is a Daisy Fleabane.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yes, the avatar is very nice. It must have inspired you to take these two great pics! What lens and cam did you use to shoot these? What post processing did you do?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Virginia, both of these were with the Sigma 50mm macro on the Minolta 7D in RAW at 6mp. Did a little in PS for contrast, saturation and brightness and cropped about 30% off both of them. Minimal sharpening if at all.

thanks for the comments.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

I like both of them, but particularly the first. I like seeing something commonly photographed done from a new slant.

Well done.

Frank

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nicely done on that first one...it is a very interesting perspective.

I took quite a few shots of the flowers in your second picture. None of them were quite to my liking though. Yours is much sharper.

7. The backlit leaves really show the veining in the leaves to good advantage. Well done Greg.

8. Yes. Paul, you absolutely must show us a new avatar with that exquisite new cam! Lucky you! Congrats!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

9. Heffalump

Heffalump Guest

Hi
    The First picture is simply amazing ... I do like the second one

Heffalump.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hi Heffalump,

If I'm not mistaken, this is your first post on the Cafe. Glad to have you here as an active member. It's not a requirement, but you should go by the new member introduction forum and tell us a little about your interests, and give other members a chance to welcome you to the family. :wink:

Regards,

Frank

11. Excellent captures, I hope you don't mind but I must try and copy that first one I like it so much.

12. Your first shot really caught my eye Greg!! Way to go!! :D :D :D

13. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Thanks folks. yup, I figured the second was lacking something. I used the polarizing filter on the first shot. I figure that's where the dark blue came from. really didn't pay much attention to it during the shot.

14. The #1 is simply amazing. Good job, Greg.