From the bottom up

Thought I would try a little silhouette on the first one. Second is a Daisy Fleabane.

20434637-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20434635-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes, the avatar is very nice. It must have inspired you to take these two great pics! What lens and cam did you use to shoot these? What post processing did you do?

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Virginia, both of these were with the Sigma 50mm macro on the Minolta 7D in RAW at 6mp. Did a little in PS for contrast, saturation and brightness and cropped about 30% off both of them. Minimal sharpening if at all.

thanks for the comments.

Greg,

I like both of them, but particularly the first. I like seeing something commonly photographed done from a new slant.

Well done.

Frank

Nicely done on that first one...it is a very interesting perspective.

I took quite a few shots of the flowers in your second picture. None of them were quite to my liking though. Yours is much sharper.

H

Heffalump

Hi
The First picture is simply amazing ... I do like the second one

Heffalump.

Heffalump said:
Hi
The First picture is simply amazing ... I do like the second one

Heffalump.

Hi Heffalump,

If I'm not mistaken, this is your first post on the Cafe. Glad to have you here as an active member. It's not a requirement, but you should go by the new member introduction forum and tell us a little about your interests, and give other members a chance to welcome you to the family. :wink:

Regards,

Frank

Thanks folks. yup, I figured the second was lacking something. I used the polarizing filter on the first shot. I figure that's where the dark blue came from. really didn't pay much attention to it during the shot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom