From the Edge with Peter Lik TV Show 3/31 8PM ET on Weather Channel

Found this while checking out the TV listings. Looks like it may be worth watching.

http://www.weather.com/tv/tvshows/peter-lik

About the Show: From The Edge With Peter Lik

Join one of the world's most acclaimed photographers in a brand-new action adventure nature series slated to debut on March 31, 2011 at 8PM on The Weather Channel.

Hosted by Peter Lik, a native of Australia and one of the world's most awarded and collected fine art photographers, the show documents his odyssey across the United States in search of nature's most dramatic landscapes. The camera follows as he visits locations as varied as the volcanoes of Hawaii to the snows of Alaska's Denali National Park, often while battling or embracing the weather in his quest for the perfect shot. Throughout his travels, Lik reveals the country in a whole new perspective, capturing its diverse climates and natural beauty through his lens.

"Bringing viewers along on my travels across the beautiful country will allow them to see parts of America that many have not had the pleasure of experiencing," says Lik.

Here's his website http://www.peterlik.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
DVR set also... but

What's the deal with this 'Edge' word for photography shows?

There was Art Wolfe's - Travels To The Edge

and now 'From the Edge'

Can I get a show..... 'Travels From the Middle'?

:wink:

I set it on my DVR, but I noticed that they will be showing Episode 1 over and over for weeks! How come? Does anyone know when they will show Episode 2?

That sucks. Hopefully they fix it for you before the show airs. If not, there are reruns later, I think.

Looks like they will be talking to Peter in a bit at a NYC gallery.

Just watched a couple episodes - he was right here in town ice-climbing up Hyalite Canyon. Would someone tell that guy how to pronounce 'Montana'??!?'

After seeing these episodes, I'd much rather watch Art Wolfe's shows on PBS - he's more calm and it has a documentary feel to it. Peter is always talking loud and the music backing the VO is more akin to a reality show.

Sean

After seeing these episodes, I'd much rather watch Art Wolfe's shows on PBS - he's more calm and it has a documentary feel to it. Peter is always talking loud and the music backing the VO is more akin to a reality show.

Sean

Hmmm... I've never heard of that show. Anyone have a link to a broadcast schedule?

I've watched a few of the Peter Lik episodes. They're not much about photography, but mostly about how macho he is in trying to "get the shot". Some of the situations appear a bit contrived to me. And the commercials get thick near the end of the programs.

I agree with Sean that I prefer Art Wolfe, but sadly our PBS station only carried the first season of that series a couple of years ago and then dropped it.

I was intrigued to see Peter Lik at Badger Creek in Northern Arizona. That is a little-known spot on BLM land near the Vermilion Cliffs off U.S. Route 89a. My wife and I explored it a bit in May, but we didn't repel down into the canyon like he did. :rolleyes:

Another photography show that may be of interest is Doug Gardner's "Wild Photo Adventures". The third year's series is currently being aired on some PBS stations. Each week he is accompanied by a second photographer (sometimes amateur, sometimes professional), and there is always some discussion of technique.

Thanks for the tip, Bob. I had never heard of this series (our PBS station is pretty backward), and enjoyed watching part of on episode online. Pretty low-def unfortunately but gives one the flavor of the program. Wish I could see it in high-def; guess I would need to buy the DVDs :frown:.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom