From today in Nanaimo

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Well, I feel humbled after looking at what some of the rest of you have been posting... I made three separate sortees and came back with this hodge-podge:

2. I knew you would throw in an eagle just for me. These are great Rory. You are getting so creative and the detail is top notch as always.

3. Lovely shots but I think the Sunbeam shot would be superb if it would be converted to B/W? IMHO

The sparrow shots are great love the light.

BTW just came back from Campell River (the dog woke me up at 5 and made a split decision, I'm alone this weekend, no eagles to be seen there, none at the usual spot!

I saw a few along the road... I'll post one or two shots.

4. Being awful modest there buddy, beautiful series and really like your new framing!!!

5. Too bad about the eagles - I would have thought there would some there. I saw 5 at the Englishman Estuary and 2 at Piper's Lagoon today. Also, I saw my first Merlin. It flew right over my and landed in a tree about 40 feet above me. I couldn't get a show but it was neat to see.

Good idea about the B&W.

6. Thanks Keith. Any action up your way?

7. Nice shots, Rory!! I especially like the first one - great mood. So that's what the butt end of our Provincial Bird looks like - lol. I haven't had too much time to shoot lately (I teach at Thompson Rivers U. and get a lot more shooting time in during the summer). Everyone keeps raising the bar so high, its getting hard to find anything worthwhile in my shots.

8. Hi Dennis

LOL - I know what you mean about the bar being raised, but we can't let those folks back east have all the fun...

9. lots of good detail, excellent series. Looks like a beautiful day for shooting too.
    Dave

10. Those are nice Rory, I think your Red Breasted Nuthatch might be a Bewicks Wren, the coloring and longer beak makes it look like one, its pose is like a Nuthatch though.

I haven't seen any eagle gatherings here but you know how it is dark when you go to work and dark when you come home so you don't see much, maybe something will wash up on the beach and then there will be lots.

Martin

11. Hi Martin

Thanks for the ID help! I am sure you are correct. The funny thing is that just last week another person at work had a small bird sleeping in a small recess in the wall at the back of their house. They took a video and identified it as a Bewicks Wren. I had not heard of it before then.

12. What great shots. The first one really captures the season in the NW now.

louie

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Rory your hodge podes is beautiful.
    Would be hard to say liking one over the other, because they are all great in themselves.

Excellent work. Good eye.

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pretty good podge Rory. :smile:

My favorite is the first.

15. Interesting feedback. I almost did not keep #1 - go figure...