From today's model shoot

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, May 12, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I've seen this shot in my mind for some time - I feel like I got it right today. Does it work?

495129471_e790a3ba46_o.

2. Seems a bit soft, and noisy, but it looks intentional. If that's the case, it looks good to me!! Nice composition.

3. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Keith. Yea, it's "shopped up" quite a bit. I've felt the need to go someplace else with my work - getting bored I guess. It may not be for everyone. :smile:

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I like it Fred...very moody shot. As an aside, I think she favors a young Diane Lane...lovely.

5. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Nice!!! The blur and coloration fit the image. I think I'd rather see it leaning more towards the grey side rather than red, but the red is interesting. Are you using FM B&W Pro? If so, I'd love to see it with the Medium Grey setting and iso 400 grain just for kicks.

I agree with Leigh.....she really does look like a young Diane Lane in this shot. And as far as her beauty goes that's about as high a compliment as I can give.

It's a great feeling to be able to get the shot you have been envisioning. I've only managed it a couple of times....and even then always felt there were things I should have done differently, but it's striving for these kinds of shots that keep the whole thing interesting and challenging.

Great work Fred!

6. I agree with Stuart.. red tone aside it is outstanding

7. The PP of this image works for me. I'm with Leigh - a young Diane Lane indeed! That single gold hoop earring only adds to the whole feeling this image evokes.

8. I don't know much about technique to talk about, but with my intuition, I like it like it much! I can feel the liveliness...

9. I don't really like it. I'd like to have something in focus and the tint is a bit much. Close though - the expression/pose is nice.

10. Love everything about it except for the lack of focus in her left eye. Oh, and there's that danged twisted bra strap!

Very nice... captivating, but needs focus.

11. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Leigh. :smile:

Thanks Stuart. I just looked up Diane Lane - I did not know who she was. Wow - she is beautiful.

Yea, used the FM tool. I'll try tweaking the shot as you suggested.

It is a great feeling being able to pull off what I envisioned....first time ever. We took some risks on the shoot which resulted in some silly looking stuff, but it was fun. I'll be posting some nice sharp colorful stuff too.

Thanks Eric - I am gonna have a look at the image in B&W....just to see...

Thank you Sandi, I'm glad you like it. :smile:

Thanks Trung.

Thanks - I figured the image would not be for everybody. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. :smile:

Thanks for you comments Woody. Darn!!! I missed her shirt strap :actions1:. I'm going to revisit the PP and see if I can improve the focal point.

12. i like it and its lack of focus :)

13. If you're going to do this kind of photography those straps will become the bane of your existence.

14. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Laura.

Next shoot I'm writing "straps" on my hand with a Sharpie.....no, on both hands!

15. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

I love everything about this shot....

even the softness...

it sets a mood...

16. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Maurice!