front porch project

there was a hole somwhere in the front porch and the wet rotted the plywood underneath so it had to go. First though we go a roofer in who found the trouble was a lead gulley that have not been fitted properly .
Ok now it was my turn as I could not find a carpenter willing to undertake such a small job
so off to get the timber to do the job myself

First to rip out the old. his is where it was dripping from and the round vents were loose and useless

hVpStYw.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

when all that was out check to see it main framework was damp free and remove remaining plywood on the outside edges
6ixbuxA.jpg

start of the replacment. So I bought a couple of small vents and set them into one plank so air could circulate but bugs out. Can be seen on the first plank in

extended the wiring to reach the outside light joint taped and in plastic box left in void

below wood fitted. Had to make a dummy wood piece tro fit around the supports at the front first

2DH8bP7.jpg

now everything in place and screwed down the finish to make it look good. Her Sue is a wizard with a paint brush so left it to her

pddh4ie.jpg

lws9uCN.jpg

Not too bad seeing I am not a carpenter

Last edited:
You are now :) (y)
Thank you. I can turn my hand to most things except plumbing. I learn't a lot as an apprentice electrician mainly on building sites. There as a lad you helped any and every trade . Plastering - carpentry -electrics - bricklaying etc hold no fears for me. Also fixed up cars in my spare time so have an Idea about how they work

Thank you. I can turn my hand to most things except plumbing. I learn't a lot as an apprentice electrician mainly on building sites. There as a lad you helped any and every trade . Plastering - carpentry -electrics - bricklaying etc hold no fears for me. Also fixed up cars in my spare time so have an Idea about how they work
You left out photography.

Cooking is still a complete mystery though. Don't even know which side of an egg one boils first :(

Latest threads

Top Bottom