Critique Front Walk

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by the_traveler, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Cool, dust swirling guys working and soon you will have a nice walk way.

2. And some peace and quiet! Like the triangle of the 3 workers with the saw more or less in the middle.

3. thanks.
    I'm thinking of taking off a bit of the mallet handle so it doesn't look like the light pole extension at first glance.

upload_2017-10-11_17-36-40.

• Like Like x 1
  4. they have finished, polymeric sand is curing, all is weel and its gorgeous.

5. If you had spent time looking through the critiques posted here, what you would have found is a startling absence of condescension, which lack you have completely made up for in your post.

In the presence of that unpleasant aroma, I'll disregard completely what you wrote.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mobokeh

mobokeh

Jun 4, 2012
    Sorry you feel that way, Lew. That wasn't my intent. I was trying to give an honest critique. Frankly, I like most of your work and thought, with this photo, you were giving us a bit of a red herring. I always try and find something positive to say about a photo, but unfortunately wasn't able to this time. Would you rather I give false praise?

I will delete my "offensive" post. Rest assured, I won't waste anymore of my time critiquing other photos on this forum....lest I offend anyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bart

Bart

Sep 20, 2009
    Nice capture of "Men at work", Lew.

8. mobokeh

mobokeh

Jun 4, 2012
    Well, I've had some time to reflect on my critique, and the response to it. If I'm going to give criticism, I should be willing and able to receive it, as well.

I've reread my critique several times and must say the criticism was non-stop, over the top and totally unwarranted. Lew, for that, there is no excuse and I sincerely apologize.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I like the dust that shows the "Action" of the job and the composition. I like 2 better due to the crop I guess but have 2 nits. I wish there was more room above the light. Also, it looks like the closer light pole is floating due to its proximity to the one in the ground in front of it (but a bit "off.")