Front Yard Bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by EdMac, Feb 1, 2005.

1. I took this the other day, and I just want to see if I am able to post a picture here.
    [​IMG]

I guess it worked. :)

2. Nice Mockingbird, these are mean birds as soon a a pair of cardinals shows up near my feeders this guys swoops in and chases them away. Is this natural for this type of birds?

3. Hi Mike,
    Yeah they are very aggresive birds. They will attack humans as well. This is especially true if they have young ones in a nest.
    :)

4. Nice shot Ed, I like the lighting, did you use fill?

Remember last year I had that nest in my front bush? The mother mockingbird was ok with my wife and I taking photos. She would watch from close by, then feed them when we left. Any other animal that went near by got her bad end.

Hope they come back this year. Anyone know if they'd use the same nest, or should i take it out?

5. Harris,
    Mockingbirds can really be aggressive especially when they are nesting. This one likes to chase the Cardinals from the feeder. :)

6. I couldnt figure why that Mocker didnt dive bomb me last year. She seemed ok with me. They are usually aggressive as you mentioned.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Ed,

This the nicest mocking bird shot I have seen. Beautifylly compose and the light is great.

Cheers
    Gale

8. Hi Ed,

Very nice picture. I like the lighting : low constrast, details in shaded areas and details in the background sky.

Cheers.

9. Thank you very much Gale. I believe the indirect light and the snow on the ground helped this shot. :)

10. Hi Dao,
    Thank you. The conditions were good. I did use DEE to process the image because of the back lighting.

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wow, great looking bird, Ed!

Nicely composed, and well edited!

12. Re: Wow, great looking bird, Ed!

Thanks Steve. We do get lucky, once in a while. :wink:

13. You not only posted your picture you posted a great one. I have a resident Mocking Bird in my back yard as well and not many other birds get past him. Very nice image, well photographed.

Gordon

14. Thanks Gordon. This one has been busy chasing the other birds especially the Cardinals.

15. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Ed,
    Everything about this bird picture is peaceful. Good job!

And I also enjoyed your Smugmug gallery very much. I'm the 'class of 49' but not the same high school :lol:

Very impressed with your volunteer fire service :!:

Best to you,
    Gaye

16. Hi Gaye
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed my photography. Digital has rekindled an old hobby, and I am having lots of fun. :D

--Ed--