Front Yard Bird

I took this the other day, and I just want to see if I am able to post a picture here.
14941171-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I guess it worked. :)

Nice Mockingbird, these are mean birds as soon a a pair of cardinals shows up near my feeders this guys swoops in and chases them away. Is this natural for this type of birds?

mike mac said:
Nice Mockingbird, these are mean birds as soon a a pair of cardinals shows up near my feeders this guys swoops in and chases them away. Is this natural for this type of birds?

Hi Mike,
Yeah they are very aggresive birds. They will attack humans as well. This is especially true if they have young ones in a nest.
:)

Nice shot Ed, I like the lighting, did you use fill?

Remember last year I had that nest in my front bush? The mother mockingbird was ok with my wife and I taking photos. She would watch from close by, then feed them when we left. Any other animal that went near by got her bad end.

Hope they come back this year. Anyone know if they'd use the same nest, or should i take it out?

Backdoctor said:
Nice shot Ed, I like the lighting, did you use fill?

Remember last year I had that nest in my front bush? The mother mockingbird was ok with my wife and I taking photos. She would watch from close by, then feed them when we left. Any other animal that went near by got her bad end.

Hope they come back this year. Anyone know if they'd use the same nest, or should i take it out?

Harris,
Mockingbirds can really be aggressive especially when they are nesting. This one likes to chase the Cardinals from the feeder. :)

I couldnt figure why that Mocker didnt dive bomb me last year. She seemed ok with me. They are usually aggressive as you mentioned.

Hi Ed,

This the nicest mocking bird shot I have seen. Beautifylly compose and the light is great.

Cheers
Gale

Gale said:
Hi Ed,

This the nicest mocking bird shot I have seen. Beautifylly compose and the light is great.

Cheers
Gale

Thank you very much Gale. I believe the indirect light and the snow on the ground helped this shot. :)

daodang said:
Hi Ed,

Very nice picture. I like the lighting : low constrast, details in shaded areas and details in the background sky.

Cheers.

Hi Dao,
Thank you. The conditions were good. I did use DEE to process the image because of the back lighting.

You not only posted your picture you posted a great one. I have a resident Mocking Bird in my back yard as well and not many other birds get past him. Very nice image, well photographed.

Gordon

greyflash said:
You not only posted your picture you posted a great one. I have a resident Mocking Bird in my back yard as well and not many other birds get past him. Very nice image, well photographed.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon. This one has been busy chasing the other birds especially the Cardinals.

Hi Ed,
Everything about this bird picture is peaceful. Good job!

And I also enjoyed your Smugmug gallery very much. I'm the 'class of 49' but not the same high school :lol:

Very impressed with your volunteer fire service :!:

Best to you,
Gaye

GeeJay said:
Hi Ed,
Everything about this bird picture is peaceful. Good job!

And I also enjoyed your Smugmug gallery very much. I'm the 'class of 49' but not the same high school :lol:

Very impressed with your volunteer fire service :!:

Best to you,
Gaye

Hi Gaye
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed my photography. Digital has rekindled an old hobby, and I am having lots of fun. :D

--Ed--

Latest threads

Top Bottom