Frost on heather

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Roosje, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Very nice shot, Roosje :)

2. The hoar frost is really thick and you have photographed it well. Thanks for sharing your cold and damp climate.

3. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Now this is pure beauty mother natures way!
    great shot!

4. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Lovely, simply lovely!

5. RForshey

RForshey Guest

A very pretty shot Roosje, excellent composition. One little suggestion: You might copy the layer and darken it a bit. Then create a mask and "paint" in the darker area on the out of focus portion. This would draw more attention to the subject matter. If you wish, email me the "raw" and I would be happy to do this and send you back a .psd with all of the layers intact so you can see what I mean..

6. Exquisite! I get chills just looking at it. Brrrr!

7. Nice. I like the supporting background in shadow.

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice..

9. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    What a lovely way to begin my day, so many wonderful reactions, Thank you!

Randy, I don't know what masks are, but I did work with layers and gaussian blur to give the photo more DOF and made use of image adjustments and sharpening in PS. I have to start finding out how masks work, I have no idea yet where I can find them. If I don't succeed I would very much like to make use of your offer :smile: I don't work in raw, I find the files far to big :redface:

I am very happy with the advice you have given me, again I have come a step further in my learning process in photography, thank you!

p.s I just googled and found a lot of info. on masks for example http://www.webreference.com/graphics/column23/4.html

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That is a very beautiful image, Roosje. A good eye for composition on this type of photography is something that I don't possess, but I can honestly say that your image is very nice. I like the detail and how the light shimmers through the ice. Wonderful DOF as well.

11. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Frank, thank you. Before I started serieusly with photography, composition was something I did with my intuition, but found it difficult to get a real grasp on it. Now together with the knowledge of rule of thirds, diagonals etc it has become much easier for me. I first use my intuition and then check if it is conform the rules of composition. I very much enjoy looking at pictures of others, some are at a level which I know I will never be able to reach.

Roosje