Frustrated! Found the perfect setting...

But can't use it because of it being a high traffic area. What do you guys and gals do when you find the perfect setting to showcase your subject and you can't use it because there are too many people and distractions around that you can't do a proper setup? In my mind's eye I found the perfect location to highlight my bike while riding on a bike trail. The setting is perfect in every way with a nice colorful tree canopy and rustic split rail fence while the path fades into the horizon. Ultimately I would like to have this shot void of any people or cyclists. I guess an early morning shoot might have possibilities, but the lighting is really nice around 9:00 AM and crowded. I know it is just a bike, but I have the shot I want in my mind of what I ultimately want. I just don't think I can get it with a quick grab. This problem has cropped up for me a few times in the past with other subjects and I have used alternate locations and wasn't impressed with the results. So, what would you do as a plan "B"?

take a couple of mates with you and get them to BRIEFLY block off the path (say, 2-5 minutes).

get everything all set up and ready to rock, get your mates to stop the traffic, wait for it to clear, go click, click, click.

job's done.

take a couple of mates with you and get them to BRIEFLY block off the path (say, 2-5 minutes).

get everything all set up and ready to rock, get your mates to stop the traffic, wait for it to clear, go click, click, click.

job's done.
If only! I thought about that but that won't go over too well.:frown:

Multiple blended exposures cutting out the people in the way so you can get the overall picture with no people left.
Or, as above, friends in high-vis vests and road cones blocking off the area, then run!

if it's maintained by the city or park rangers, I'd tell them what you have in mind, the time/duration and go from there. If you give a little publicity for their park, chances are they'll go for it and then again, maybe not.

well, you can have patience and tenacity to try and get the shot in between the crowds and streams of people. I've had to do this, and often end up rewarded.

You also mention the light is really good around 9:00 am... in another month or so, 9:00 light will be sooner, possibly around 8:00am depending on where you live.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom