• All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. The Nikon Cafe and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/help/terms

Older transaction feedback (left prior to the new system) can be found in our Feedback Archive.

[EXPIRED] FS: **Nikon 28-70 f/2.8....An Exceptional Example**

Buy/Sell feedback for Ottrott's Human (0)

This is the lens that I am struggling the most with having to part with, but due to my current financial situation I don't really have the luxury of holding on to it.

I would guess that roughly 85% of my best photos have been taken with this wonderfully fast piece of Nikon glass. Even when I had the luxury/pleasure of owning nearly every AF 2.8 lens offered by Nikon as well as my beloved, but long gone 200mm f/2.0 and recently sold 85mm f/1.4...the 28-70 f/2.8 lens was rarely off my DSLR body. A rough guestimate would be that it was used for 90% off all paid fashion shoots as well as at least 70% of the shoots I did just for fun. It simply worked that well for me.

The newer 24-70 f/2.8 is also a fantastic lens because it focuses more closely and is a bit more 3-D in its rendering which works well for product photography, but, in my opinion, does not possess the same portrait qualities of the earlier 28-70mm f/2.8.

The 28-70mm f/2.8 offers a skin rendering which I find a bit more pleasing versus the newer 24-70mm f/2.8 model. Currently I can earn a few bucks here and there via product photography, but not fashion photography.......forcing me to choose practicality over the timeless beauty as rendered by the classic 28-70 f/2.8 or, as many refer to it....."The Beast".

For product photos, the 24-70 is hard to beat.....it is crisp, focuses closely and quickly and, as mentioned above, renders a near 3D image style. For gorgeous portraits with smooth, accurate skin rendering and nearly as fast focusing as the 24-70.........the 28-70mm f/2.8 is my all time fave......hands down.

Below are images of the lens on offer as well as two of my favorite images taken with this lens, but I will happily provide, via PM, as many images captured by this lens as an interested buyer would care to see.

This lens is in perfect condition both cosmetically and functionally and includes the original hood, both element covers, box, all paperwork, case strap and original, hard case of the style Nikon provided with their top-of-the-line glass before the bean counters insisted on reduced case quality in order to hit the lowest, most competitive price point possible (merely an assumption on my part based on watching the case quality gradually diminish over the years).

Asking $1200.00 including insured shipment via USPS Priority Mail for typical delivery within the CONUS in 2 days........and German-made B&W UV 72mm lens protector.

Please PM with any questions as well as available payment methods.

8542044851_816b417eba_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

8542045219_ef076b7883_b.jpg

8543144814_d740e5f7e6_b.jpg

8543145218_cf6c2e8088_b.jpg

8542045089_40dc86366a_b.jpg

Lee Loo....my Muse for several years and one of the most talented models I've had the pleasure to work with:
8543220594_70c541edf3_b.jpg

This shot of Courtney is a bit more "Glamor" than I typically go for....and is, imo, overly processed (skin and eyes), but won a few online awards.....proving how little I know about what the market perceives as having value! Of course, it's most likely Courtney that won the awards anyway.....not the photo! Talk about a Natural!!! .-)
8542121357_771d8f1d5d_b.jpg

Look at that beautiful hard-case! It's such a shame that Nikon has stopped producing such fantastic storage/carry cases for their best glass!
8542045417_a05c5bce82_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom