Ft. De Soto Variety

Hi All,

Spent the last couple of days shooting with Ron and a well known bird photographer - Brian Small. Brian lives in LA and was coming to Florida this week and saw my Northern Flicker shots and asked if I could take hime there as he did not have a shot of the eastern variety. He also wanted to shoot some courting gulls and terns so I took him to Ft. De Soto this morning. Although we had a front coming through and the light was pretty bad, the birds did not dissapoint.

Thanks for looking!

Best,

Jose

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice Jose...
What are you doing with my Waxwing:>)))lol Thought they all went north
Guess they are waiting for the storm up there to subside

B

BigPixel

Zounds! The first three are spectacular photographs. I tend to look at all photography compositionally, subject matter comes second. These work well as fine compositions. Nicely seen and captured.

I don't know how you do it Jose. Your photos are amazing every time. The feather detail in the first photo - they're sharp but look soft. The movement and composition of the second lauging gulls photo. You compensated just fine for the light conditions, I'd say!

These are absolutely superb shots Jose, very well done. You have some excellent poses captured here as well. What looks like fog/etc under and out in front of the birds in a few shots, what is it?

Louie
Thanks Louie! That is the OOF sand in front of the birds. I was shooting very low to the ground for those. Maybe too low :).

Thanks again!

Jose

Man Jose...simply stunning. I wish I would have seen all of this when I was at Ft. Desoto last winter...of course it was winter, but that is the only time I get down to that area.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom