Ft.Desoto Skimmers

Discussion in 'Birds' started by The chemist, Jul 24, 2007.

1. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    I had a BLAST with Joseat Ft. Desoto. We waded out to some deep areas and those tripods sure did get there feet wet:biglaugh:. I was telling Jose that there was really nothing quite like shooting pictures, wading in a beautiful area and enjoying good company!!

White morph to come later.

Converted in Cs2

1/2500, Iso 400, F4, 500f4
    [​IMG]

1/3200,Iso 250, 4.5, 500 f4
    [​IMG]

100%crop
    [​IMG]
    1/3200,iso 250, 4.5, 500 f4
    [​IMG]

cloned out 3rd skimmer wing, 1/3200,iso 250,4.5, 500 f4
    [​IMG]

1/1250,iso 250, 4.5,canvas added, 500 f4
    [​IMG]

1/400,iso 160(i know right:arghh:),5.6, 500 f4
    [​IMG]

2. Hey Jonathan, super action set. I really like the low angle you got on these shots.

3. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    Cool stuff

4. Nice series Jonathan....but that 2nd to last one rocks me DIZZY *-)

5. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Thanks Louie! I always try to stay low. Appreciate the comments!

Thanks James
    Thanks Mike! Sorry I was not able to meet up with you while i was down there. I do plan on coming back down though but may or may not have time to shoot..ugh:rolleyes:

6. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    #5 is my favorite of the series. One of these days I'm going to Florida just to try my hand at these Skimmers. Looks like a ton of fun!

7. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    My favorite as well! Thanks for looking and join us for MI5:wink:! I still want some good light and low tide skimmer shots. Nothing like a nice skim line and a neat reflection..or a silhouette!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    First Jonathan, impressive shots. The 100% crop is especially so. Second, as I told Jose, I thought long and hard about coming down and shooting with you guys, but just couldn't get away. :frown:

Finally, I'm going to figure out a way to get Andy to come down and join us for MI5. He would go absolutely nutz in that target-rich environment. :eek: :biggrin:

9. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Boy that would have been fun frank! I plan on going back down soon! I am closer to atlanta now and the drive is not bad at all(especially since my birding sites are well....non existent in atlanta). Glad you liked the shots frank! Was hoping you would stop in

ANDY COME JOIN US!!!

10. Hi Jonathan!

It was super to shoot with you again! Brought back great memories from MI IV. The shots are excellent! We didn'a have a long morning but you made the best of it! Did you process any of the white morph?

Hope to get together again soon!

Jose

11. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Sure did Jose, I will post some today. I am not a big fan of tons of images in one thread so i decided to post these separate.

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?p=1365015#post1365015

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  12. Nice series Jonathan (straighten those horizons!). I really like the skimmer eye level low angle approach.

13. DNAsiRNA

DNAsiRNA

Nov 27, 2006
    Dallas, USA
    Great set.

14. great shots dude.. hope to see you in a few months if we can make it down south again.

15. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    hehe you know I noticed that at first and for some crazy reason decided not to fix it. Now both you and kevin have commented on it so it must be fixed:biggrin: Appreciate the critque's as always david! Thanks and glad you liked the set..got my pants wet getting that low:biggrin:

Thanks! What is the meaning to the name?

That would be awesome raymond! love to get a you guys down to shoot with us!