FT1 & Sigma Lenses?

I don't believe so, I've only tried it with the 70-300 vr, that seems fine. I'm sure some of the other members would be able to clarify better as I've not had chance to do much shooting with the camera yet

JPS

All my NIKON lenses work fine with the FT-1 ! The VR function allright, as well as the AF-C, providing you have the latest firmwares installed !

:smile:
J-P.

Just a quick update folks, now the proud owner of a V1 & FT1, superb initial results with the 70-300VR. It's a no go with my Sigma 120-300 os though, the camera thinks there's no lens attached! Glad I didn't plump for a siggy 70-200 now, cheers Mark

Hi the 120-300 non OS works fine though.

Phil.

:smile:

JPS

I have read many posts saying the a majority of Sigma lenses work well with Nikon 1 on AF-C !

...but it seems that Tamron lenses mostly don't work ANYMORE with the latest firmware, ALTHOUGH they used to worK well BEFORE installing the latest firmwares !!!

My own Tamron 70-300, which I had bought especially for use on my V1, worked fine for 4 months, until I updated the firmwares, in order to -I hoped- be able to shoot in AF-C !!! Now, my V1 DOESN'T EVEN ACCEPT the lens: I get an error message and that's all ! My new (less than 6 months old) Tamron is just useless !!!

I have written to Tamron 2 months ago, received an answer asking to wait "a bit" until they find the problem, and since then..... No news what so ever, despite two new emails I sent to ask them what's going on !! I'm really pi$$ed-off with Tamron after-sales service !

:mad:
J-P.

It seems realy hit and miss with lenses other than nikons own? I only have the 1 sigma lens now so will have to live with the fact it wont work on the v1. I did primarily buy it as a lightweight travel option which the 120-300 is definitely not! I haven't updated the firmware yet as my mac has thrown a 7 and is in for repair, I'll post again if the update changes anything. Must be damned annoying J P to have a lens taken out of play by a firmware update :(

Latest threads

Top Bottom