FTZ adapter

Does anyone know how much it weighs?

What I really want to know is how the combined weight of a Z6 (585gm) and an FTZ adapter (? gm) compares to that of a D750 (840gm).

Last edited:
I just found this answered on the B&H web site: 135gm. I don't know how accurate that is, but if correct it means a Z6+FTZ would be 720gm, which is not much different from a D750.

D7200 weighs 765gm.

You might consider waiting until 2019 when Nikon releases more Z lenses so you don’t need the adapter. That might lighten your load.
The current 24-70s looks really good, but I don't see anything in the roadmap that would interest me much. The f/2.8 zooms would all be too heavy. I like primes, but don't find them very convenient for my type of photography.

We are in the car traveling home from our trip to Washington and Victoria, Canada. We had totally blue skies for the entire week which was great for being outside but bad for photography. I loved the D5600 you recommended as a lightweight carry around although the focal length of the 18-55 was a bit limiting at times. The one thing I did wish for was the EVF review of the photos you get with mirrorless. Seeing the screen in bright light is often hard. So beside the weight difference there are other factors to consider. I sure was glad I had the lightweight D5600 the past week. It worked out great. The photos looked good on my laptop. I’ll see how they look on the 27” iMac! But a mirrorless would have been so helpful in some instances.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
The current 24-70s looks really good, but I don't see anything in the roadmap that would interest me much. The f/2.8 zooms would all be too heavy. I like primes, but don't find them very convenient for my type of photography.
I was sad to not see a 24-120 in the road map, but there are many TBD slots so perhaps one will come.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
As a refresher here is the published roadmap. Note the unlabeled lanes indicating TBA (to be announced) lenses.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The kit lens at f4 on the z7 vs my 24-70 on the d850 seems to feel much lighter and it is a much smaller package. So far I a, just trying to s I up ad figure it out. It is different yet the same. The menus are the same but different buttons and options in the menus.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Z7 w/ 24-70 Z lens compared to D850 w/ 24-70/2.8E lens

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Hello, everyone. 60 years with Nikon and Just Bought the Z7 Today. I have a fortune in Legacy Lenses Im gonna use. wrote 3 Books,doing stock since the Mid 60's,client work and Gallery shows. I took 3 Months and actually tested everything Out there. Im In Love again. Quick Introduction....I've done nat Geo covers,Done workshops and lectures from Florida to Hawaii On commercial Photography. I also Paint and do shows . My agent of 30 Years Puts My work in TV and films as set decoration. Very few realize every show you see with a interior shot theres artwork and It's rented. I also work with Interior decorators that do Hotel Hallways in Dubai,Mumbai and china.
I Composed and Produced the Music for 491 TV shows,37 Feature films and 49 Record Albums. Quit school at 15 and that was it. At 76 I work everyday from doing a Album cover to Teaching on weekends to gallery shows to clients Like maytag,seagrams,Hadron Collider in Cern. etc.
I teach Studio Work at my studio In Beverly Hills for the past 11 years. Any questions?....let me know. Glad to see another forum.View attachment 1632270
Welcome to NikonCafe!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
View attachment 1632273
Hello, everyone. 60 years with Nikon and Just Bought the Z7 Today. I have a fortune in Legacy Lenses Im gonna use. wrote 3 Books,doing stock since the Mid 60's,client work and Gallery shows. I took 3 Months and actually tested everything Out there. Im In Love again. Quick Introduction....I've done nat Geo covers,Done workshops and lectures from Florida to Hawaii On commercial Photography. I also Paint and do shows . My agent of 30 Years Puts My work in TV and films as set decoration. Very few realize every show you see with a interior shot theres artwork and It's rented. I also work with Interior decorators that do Hotel Hallways in Dubai,Mumbai and china.
I Composed and Produced the Music for 491 TV shows,37 Feature films and 49 Record Albums. Quit school at 15 and that was it. At 76 I work everyday from doing a Album cover to Teaching on weekends to gallery shows to clients Like maytag,seagrams,Hadron Collider in Cern. etc.
I teach Studio Work at my studio In Beverly Hills for the past 11 years. Any questions?....let me know. Glad to see another forum.View attachment 1632270
Laurin, welcome to the Café.
Your history is very impressive... (y)(y)(y)

Kind regards
Klaus

View attachment 1632273
Very Impressive CV in so many creative areas. Can't wait to see what your new love affair with the Z7 can create. One selfish reason is the even at my age of 70 I'm still eager to learn and grow. Your history tells me that there is a huge potential for nurturing that eagerness.

We are in the car traveling home from our trip to Washington and Victoria, Canada. We had totally blue skies for the entire week which was great for being outside but bad for photography. I loved the D5600 you recommended as a lightweight carry around although the focal length of the 18-55 was a bit limiting at times. The one thing I did wish for was the EVF review of the photos you get with mirrorless. Seeing the screen in bright light is often hard. So beside the weight difference there are other factors to consider. I sure was glad I had the lightweight D5600 the past week. It worked out great. The photos looked good on my laptop. I’ll see how they look on the 27” iMac! But a mirrorless would have been so helpful in some instances.

I just traded my D5600 in for the Z7. The deal from Nikon was too good to pass up. My go-to lens on the D5600 was the 18-300. I took it everywhere with me.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom