FTZ Lens for Z6

Hi Folks,

Really interested in some recommendations - First some context...

I'm new to Nikon and Full Frame photography (Still have an M4/3 system) and this forum, and I've just jumped onto the Full Frame bus with my purchase of the Z6 FTZ kit with the 24-70 f4.

Also I've just pre-ordered the z 85mm f1.8 s.

So I'm interested in some Nikon F lens recommendations for some great lenses compatible with the Z6, AND don't replicate my current focal lengths (ie. 24-70 and 85mm).

I like nature and landscape especially, but do a lot of general stuff + am keen (I think) to try some Astro as the skies down here in New Zealand can be pretty cool for that.

One lens I have seen is the Sigma 14mm f1.8 Art - This would be good I think for Astrophotography - so any folks who can comment on that - I'd welcome your views as well.

Thanks in advance, and look forward to reading your views and recommendations!

Congrats on getting the Z6!

2 lenses I can recommend for use with the FTZ adapter are the 70-300 E VR AF-P and the 300 f/4 PF (which also takes the 1.4 & 1.7 TCs very well).

On the wide end you should probably look into the 14-30 f/4 S.

Cheers

Mike

Congrats on getting the Z6!

2 lenses I can recommend for use with the FTZ adapter are the 70-300 E VR AF-P and the 300 f/4 PF (which also takes the 1.4 & 1.7 TCs very well).

On the wide end you should probably look into the 14-30 f/4 S.

Cheers

Mike
Thanks Mike! That 70-300 looks great value - think I’ll give it a try. Even the new price is good.

Thanks Mike! That 70-300 looks great value - think I’ll give it a try. Even the new price is good.
I'll second Mike's suggestions. One thing to note is that you want the "70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E AF-P VR" exactly. Nikon makes 5 different versions of this lens and it can get confusing.

I know it duplicates in part what you have, but you should take a look at the 50mm 1.8S. If you shoot much in the 50 range, this is a great lens and makes the Z bodies shine.

I'll second Mike's suggestions. One thing to note is that you want the "70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E AF-P VR" exactly. Nikon makes 5 different versions of this lens and it can get confusing.

I know it duplicates in part what you have, but you should take a look at the 50mm 1.8S. If you shoot much in the 50 range, this is a great lens and makes the Z bodies shine.
Thanks MN - I think the 50 s sounds really great. I’ve pre-ordered the 85 s so will look at the 50 at a later date

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom