FTZ problem

My FTZ adapter has become faulty. When I attach ANY DX or FX Nikon lens via the FTZ two things occur. I get an error message on my camera. At the same time the camera starts taking shots by itself and doesn't stop until I turn the camera off. The adapter is still under guarantee so I presume Nikon will do something about it but I was wondering if anybody had a similar problem?
I have just had a terrible thought. Maybe it is the camera that is at fault.

Last edited:
My FTZ adapter has become faulty. When I attach ANY DX or FX Nikon lens via the FTZ two things occur. I get an error message on my camera. At the same time the camera starts taking shots by itself and doesn't stop until I turn the camera off. The adapter is still under guarantee so I presume Nikon will do something about it but I was wondering if anybody had a similar problem?
I have just had a terrible thought. Maybe it is the camera that is at fault.
Do you have a native Z lens you can try on it?

Yes. I have the 24-70 kit lens that came with the z6. Works perfectly. Only other Nokon lenses used with the FTZ adapter cause this problem

I think that eliminates the camera as the source of the problem.
Thanks for your input pa. Hope you are right. Will know when I send it for repair.
Nobody else seems to have had or heard about such a problem?

Thanks for your input pa. Hope you are right. Will know when I send it for repair.
Nobody else seems to have had or heard about such a problem?
I have an issue with only one of my lenses on the FTZ. My 500 f/4 G VR does not seem to like the adapter. The Z7 shows an 'F--' error and makes a continuous shutter noise.

All my other F-mount lenses are working just fine with the FTZ, so I blame the 500 VR (which works fine on my D500). I haven't sent anything in to Nikon yet.

Hope you can get it fixed!

Mike

Thanks for your input Mike. When I've sent the adapter to Nikon and got any reply will give the info. It will take a couple of weeks because I have to post the adapter and wait for results

At last I have my repaired FTZ adapter back from Nikon. It was at fault and they repaired it.They changed the pcb (printed circuit board), cleaned it and reset the electronics. So it was at fault electronically. The reason the whole thing took so long was that they needed the warranty and until they confirmed that the warranty was still valid took time.
So if anybody has issues with their FTZ I hope it happens in the warranty period.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom